My friend, Anna,
(interjection- the english language should have different words for all the different levels of "friends" that we have in our life. I typed that first line, "my friend, Anna" and felt almost ridiculous. From that you would have no idea if I had known her for two weeks or 18 years (the latter is the truth!). So really I should say, my lifelong friend that I was a JV cheerleader with, went through college with, been by each other's side through intense ups and downs for the last eighteen years and I love her dearly and I think she has a brilliant mind and the most perfect-for-her husband and cutest kid, Anna,) had a BEAUTIFUL idea. She shared it in her most recent
post. I really hope she doesn't mind if I borrow the idea every once in awhile. Do you mind, Anna?
Because I'm just burning to share why today is a BEAUTIFUL day!
Rollerblading at dusk on smooth trails that wind through the city and trees and rivers, the breeze blowing through my hair, Dave Matthews playing on my ipod.

Am I in heaven?
Truly a beautiful day...
Uhh.. I came across this photo and how could I NOT post it to go along with this beautiful day post?! I mean C'MON!!
14 comments:
Truly this photo is a seamless blend of Chearleading, circa-1992 beach-rollerblading in California, and the dangers of anorexia nervosa. All of this, wrapped up in a comfy motif of "leopard-skin" shorts, which tells the world, "HOORAH!" and "I'm sexy!" all at the same time.
I miss roller blading on those trails with you!
Of course I don't mind. But only because we've been friends for 18 years.
Rollerblading always reminds me of you. That picutre is awesome.
And side note- your header is so dang cute. The picture on the escalator is great.
And to think I missed out.
I tossed and turned all night long wishing I would have gone with --- now after this post...I lost out big time! What was I thinking?!
Oh how I love you!
I especially love the innertube around her chest.
BEAUTIFUL blog. (And beautiful Anna that I miss!) I can picture you rollerblading. No kids this time?
Anna, I just showed Tom my very favoritist picture-the one on the escalator!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOANNA!!!!!!
roller blading....now that is something I haven't done in a LONG time. how fun. i bet it was great with the breeze and awesome music!
Ahaha I love Mike's comments on the picture. Perfect.
That sounds awesome Jo!!
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope this day is just as beautiful.
Happy Birthday, I love ya...
OOOh, I love the top of your blog. You'll have to show me how to do that.
Happy Birthday!! I hope you had a wonderful day!! :)
Sorry I haven't been commenting... I haven't really been reading blogs lately. But hey - what's this rollerblading party I missed out on? I'm totally bummed about that btw.... I used to be big into roller blading; I love it. But it's been a while. I don't actually think I have any rollerblades here in MN for that matter. I need to get some - then we'll go! :)
oh my gosh.. if only I could rollerblade even down the sidewalk without falling. I can truly say that the picture you posted motivates me to do some serious crunches!
That is really a good morning!
Do you think if I took that roller-blading class I would look like the girl in the picture...?
Post a Comment