Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Happy Anniversary, Mom and Dad!

My parents have been married for

FORTY YEARS

TODAY!

I am so grateful for the choices they have made that have brought them to this point. It is because of all of those choices that I am so happy in my life. Thanks to the decision they made forty years ago, they have brought six spirits into this earth to live in mortal bodies and learn how to return to their Father in Heaven. They have taught all six of these children the Gospel of Jesus Christ thoroughly and lovingly. They have taught us all

LOVE,

SERVICE,

COMMITMENT,

and INTEGRITY.


They have taught me to have JOY in this life.


They have taught me what I must do to raise my own children in the LIGHT OF CHRIST.


Because of them, I was married in the temple to my husband for time and all eternity.


Because of them, I can look at my precious children with the promise of eternities laid before us.


Because of them, my children know what it is to be truly LOVED, TREASURED, and ENJOYED.


Because of them, my children are being taught the GOSPEL and the HOPE that it encompasses.


Because of all this, I am eternally grateful for this day in history. Thank you, MOM AND DAD, for falling in love...

14 comments:

Kathi said...

Wow! Thanks!

(But did you have to use that picture where the bird's nest is in the tree right directly behind my head?)
Love

JoAnna said...

Uh-huh, sure, mom! A birds nest on your head is more like it!

Heather said...

Wow, I hope someday I can say that I have been married 40 years!
What a cute couple they are... & raised such an amazing person!
I loved what you wrote about what they have taught you & mean to you. I honestley can say my mom taught me the same things.
My mom & dad were divorsed when I was 3 1/2 months old.. but, my mom did an amazing job of being both mom & dad.
Sorry for the details I just think it is such a accomplishment for someone to be happily married for 40 years!!!:)

Natalie said...

Jo -- You took everything that has been in my heart and put it into words. Another "thank you" just doesn't cut it - but you said it all beautifully. We are so very blessed to have such strong, wonderful people for parents who cherish the gospel and teach it in words and by example. You amaze me, Mom and Dad!!

Angie said...

What a sweet tribute to your parents! They must be so proud to have you as their daughter! I can't believe that hail! And whoa Sarah! She's going to be taller than Sam!

Anna said...

Your parents are amazing! Forty years - they are much too young to have been married for forty years. Send them my love!

Anna said...

Your parents are amazing! Forty years - they are much too young to have been married for forty years. Send them my love!

simply kris said...

That was splendidly wonderful to read. It's so amazing how one thing leads into another. Congrats to your parents whom I have never met!

missliss5/Melissa said...

Aww, congratulations! And those first two pictures are sooo much fun!

Melissa said...

I love those pictures! Sounds like you have some great role models. Your moms hair looks like my hair in 7th grade, only it was my bangs.

[dene'] said...

touching. i love people in love.

Haley said...

WOW!!! you have such GREAT parents & i have to say they had a part in teaching me during some of those young women years!!!!!

Tell them congrats!!! from me!

Natali Thompson said...

That is so cool. Way to go for your parents. That is so awesome that you have them for role models!! I love the roller blading picture-those were the days.

Camilla Millar said...

Those pictures of your parents are so cute. Way to go mom and dad!