Sunday, July 27, 2008

CHI-TOWN

I just got back from one heck of a T-R-I-P to [CHICAGO] with some of my girlfriends. We had thee greatest of times! The five of us (plus one baby) left Friday at noon and got home at 6:30 this Sunday morning. Here are just a few highlights from this whirlwind adventure...
  • Tie-Dyed pants for each us, homemade by BROOKE
  • pedicures
  • Chicago pizza
  • Navy Pier at midnight
  • matching Chicago shirts
  • the five of us plus baby sleeping in a one-bed hotel room
  • Millenium Park... the giant jelly bean, the gorgeous music, the sunbathers
  • shoppingshoppingshopping on the T H E M A G N I F I C E N T M I L E
  • staying up until 2am on Friday night and not sleeping at all on Saturday night
  • Lego store, Hersheys store, American Girl, world's biggest GAP, H&M
  • Cheesecake Factory, Corner Bakery, Giordianos, Jamba Juice, PF Changs
  • Sore abs from uncontrollable laughter the entire trip
  • unfortunate detour on the way home
  • the looks on my children's faces when I gave them their presents that I brought home for them
  • wearing the empty Baby Bjorn for hours to cover the dark chocolate smear front and center on my light pink CHICAGO shirt.
  • the drive home... laughter, uncontrollable-peeyourpants-soreabmuscles laughter, embarrassing moments, family details, tender moments, Jen and Jeff, JUNO... listening to it over and over again to eek out all of the great lines- honest to blog!
  • ankle bracelets
  • the stroller so strewn with bags that Max couldn't even sit in it
  • Dave supporting me 100% so I could go on this trip and have a much-needed getaway and make some LIFELONG memories

...pictures to come... thanks to our photojournalist, BrookeO

8 comments:

Camilla Millar said...

I am so jealous. I need some good girlfriends. . . .all mine left.

Angie said...

Oh my gosh that sounds like such a blast!!!! I'm so glad you could go. Talk about a fun place to go for a girl's trip! You do have such great friends it sounds like. You go girls!

[BrookeO] said...

Not to mention the super powers that Jo possess, no I'm not kidding, she is pretty much a POWER RANGER!
Truly one doodle that can't be undid!!!!

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Anna said...

Ummmm...jealous...of the girls that got to hang out with you. Sniff...I miss my Jo.

Shellie said...

Laughed out loud AGAIN just reading this. Especially the Bjorn for hours....hilarious!

Elise said...

I'm so glad you guys had a fantabulous time!

Jessica O said...

Can we go back? I loved it and I laugh when I think about all the fun times.
You need to wash your shirt so we can all get a picture in them.

Jess

Heather said...

O.k. so jealous as well!! ummm is there a house for sale by you cause if there is I'm so there!!! :)
I'm glad you had so fun.... I need to post something real soon but, after spending 28 days in Utah I don't know if I'm comin or goin!!