Friday, August 29, 2008

I'm thankful for...


... soup ... the only thing that sounds good to me and my sore throat.


... my hubby ... I love him more than ever these days! "Lucky I'm in love with my best friend."

... my latest itunes downloads ... "Lucky" and "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz
... Did I mention soup? ...


... My friends ... Seriously. Can't say enough good about them. I love love love my friends. I am the luckiest person in the world. I'm grateful we could hang out last night and I promise each of them that if they get sick from me that they have the right to burn my hair and I will watch their kids every day until they get better.

... The Eberhards ... who couldn't wait for Sam to get home from our trip so Rachel would stop talking about how much she missed him. And they made us a huge WELCOME HOME sign and hung it on our front door for us to see when we drove up. And have been watching my kids for two days while I'm not feeling well. I have two words for you- AMAZING FAMILY!
... My family ... We had such a great trip to Utah! Everybody took such great care of us and made us feel so loved. Thank you, mom and dad, for letting us overrun your house for 3 1/2 weeks!!

... Fall ... Especially that fall is right around the corner. I LOVE LOVE LOVE fall. I love the crisp feeling in the air. The smell of freshly sharpened pencils. The feeling of "back to business." Apples. Leaves. Halloween. Sweatshirts. Backpacks. Coziness. Time to set new goals. Sigh... Bring it on!
... Minnesota ... where my husband is, my friends are, my home is, and my heart is. And my allergies aren't bad here either.

11 comments:

Haley said...

you always have great posts!!!

we just downloaded "i'm yours" too!!!!
hope you feel better soon!!!

Kristi said...

You're thankful for Minnesota....hooray! How much longer do you have left there anyways. One thing is for sure, of all the places I have lived, Minnesota is nearest and dearest to my heart even though we were only there nine months. I hope to get back someday! Preferably someday during the summer.....

[BrookeO] said...

I love this post.

I love you!!!!
xo.

Summer said...

And I'm just so grateful that you're home!!! Get better soon : )

Natali Thompson said...

I am glad you had a good time in Utah. It sure looks like you have some great friends. Sorry you haven't been feeling well, that is no fun at all. I love this time of year as well-fall is my favorite! Good luck with first grade-my posts seem a bit pathetic when I re-read them, but it was so hard for me! I am finally not crying every day. I hope it is better for you guys!!

Heather said...

hope you are feeling better...

Angie Birkeland said...

Sucks you are sick. I'm sad we didn't see each other while you were here. I love reading you posts. It always puts a smile on my face. Love ya!

Angie

Haley and Jake Cowdin said...

Jo!
It was so good to meet you.
I need to come out to Minnesota and party with you guys!
Thanks for being such a good friend to Carly! She adores you! and now i know why!

Angie said...

I was so sorry to hear you got sick there at the end of the trip :( We sure had fun with you guys! I loved reading your "thankful" list. One part especially :)

Melissa said...

I'm so thankful for....YOU, back in town. Sorry you were sick.

Natalie said...

What a great welcome home. Burn your hair? :) I'm so glad you have great friends, and that you love your home - but I wish your heart was here! :D I hope you feel better soon!