Tuesday, August 5, 2008

May I Share...

...My latest Find??

Am I the only one that has the WORST luck with portable dvd players?? Personally, I have such bad luck that I have come to call them disposable dvd players. We spend $100 on one, use it 4-5 times and KAPOOT! It's done. Out of Service. Garbage. But an airplane trip comes around and I feel like I need to buy a new one in order to keep my kids happy on the plane. I've started carrying my uber-heavy laptop BUT the battery life on that is too short for even one whole movie. Plus, (and this is the problem with most dvd players I've bought) I have two kids who both need to hear the movie and one plug-in for the headphones. I have a splitter that I use so we can use two headphones but it also splits up the sound and neither kid can hear all that well. BUT! Before you get too discouraged for me, there's great news! I have come up with the perfect solution (Thanks, Shel!)!!


Have you heard of this?? It's the booth you always see in the airports where you can rent DVD players and DVD movies. So this turns out to be super convenient for me since there is a booth right on the way to our gate in the Minneapolis airport. I rented a very nice dvd player for $15 that included one movie and two sets of headphones that worked GREAT and offered excellent sound for the kids. The battery life lasts four hours and so we were able to watch all the movies we wanted. Then on our way to baggage claim at our destination airport, we dropped it all off in the conveniently located drop box! Hello!! Can you say PERFECTION?! I'm totally converted and I had to share this with you in case it could be a solution for you too.

Here's the website so you can see if it's in the airports you use.

5 comments:

Summer said...

What?!? I've never heard of this! We've had problems with portable DVD players too, so this is good to know - thanks : )

Heather said...

a week to late to hear about this news... Oh, do I wish I would have known about this!! :)
Thanks though because this is fabulous news for me next time I go to Utah by myself!!!!

hope you are having fun! :)

Shellie said...

I am so glad it worked out for you!! Really it sounds too good to be true! Includes a movie and the headsets..unbelievable! I will have to try this next time!

Janee said...

Thanks for the tip. I will have to remember that if we ever can afford to fly on an airplane again.

carlyl said...

You are my hero.... Thank you. We were wondering what we were going to do. Hey you need to post some pics of your times there. We miss you.