Saturday, August 9, 2008

Whaddya Remember?

I'm sure you've seen this latest blog trend going around, but I LOVE it and want to join in too. So will you help me smile (and maybe even laugh out loud) by joining in... Here's how it works.

1) Leave a comment on this post sharing a memory you have of me and you together. It can be anything, even if you hardly know me. And you know what would make my day?? If all of you quiet stalkers would say something too!! I know you're out there and I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE to hear what you have to say.

2) Start the same thing on your blog and I'll come share a memory I have with you on your post. Or if you don't want to put it on your blog, I'll post my memory with you on my blog so come back and check it out.

Thanks for indulging me!!

17 comments:

Kristi said...

Okay awesome.

1- I remember going rollerblading with you like...everyday. We were both kind of crazy going down hills with our jogging strollers and one time I think you nearly barrelled into some guy on a bike. I LOVED those times.

2- I remember when we went to that pool with Katie W. and it was like the first time we had all hung out and she was like, "You know what I like about you guys? You both have big boobs". Sorry, that was supposed to make you laugh, I don't know if that word is appropriate, but I do believe that is actually how she phrased it. Gotta love Katie!

3- Just today I was remembering going garage sale-ing with you, you were an animal!

It was a fun summer in Minnesota!

Haley said...

so many!!!

anna reminded me of our weekend at Ricks to watch Brandon play football. That was so fun for me i hope it was for you too!!!

how bout hangin at your pool listening to indigo girls

can't forget all the trips to golden swirl for "spring mint"!!

but i think my favorite memory that was just me and you was EFY. eating sea foam , sneaking out with curt to wendys, not wanting to play the lame games, wearing feathers on our heads, listing to great speakers, going to the dance, remember somebody passed out and was taken to the hosp. it ended up being gas!!! I could go on but thanks for the memories!!!!

i seriously miss our days in SLC !!!

Jen Coccimiglio said...

sign me up...

1. My all time favorite Joanna memory is watching you and Sarah dance to "Bad Connection" by Yaz up at Bonnie's cabin. I still think of it every time I hear that song and smile to myself. You have moves, my friend.

2. Wednesdays at the U that meant only one thing...Chicken with Wild Rice at Einsteins!

3. I got to see you in action as a Sister Missionary! That was such a neat experience for me, especially as my own mission was just a few weeks away. I remember writing down every word of advice.

4. Remember that you set with up with that Dan kid that was your neighbor? On one of our dates, we went to your house and ate lobster tails with you and that really crazy guy who could recite EVERY line from Billy Madison. Who was that guy?

5. Ugh...I probably shouldn't mention this when I'm nauseous...but Bountiful Math on Saturday mornings! Can you believe we got through an entire quarter (or was it semesters by then?) of that? A 4 hour math class! I still see that lady around sometimes. I remember her not being totally awesome.

So many good times. So much laughing. You are the greatest.

Anna said...

I kind of suck at the memory game. It's like I'm a deer in the headlights and I can't think of anything to say. But since we've been friends for so dang long - you're the best shot I've got at doing this.

Driving up the canyon listening to Indigo girls.

Vegas '97.

Spring Break when we decided to bring beach chairs instead of a tarp or tent for camping.

Best quote from New Year's Eve circa 1998 or 1999 (I can't remember) "I have one thing to say about last night....ewwww."

F308.

The night I hung out with you instead of going to work. I hung out with your dad until you got home. It was the first time you and I hung out without any other friends. And really - it's when we started becoming really tight.

Seeing baby Sam for the first time - it's still so vivid.

When you got set apart before your mission and we were so sick.

Crying at the airport when you left on your mission.

Visiting you at work - The Copy Stop and A Clean Impression.

Laughter, laughter, laughter. And some tears along the way.

The advice you gave me at my wedding in the bathroom before I left with Brandon. So funny. So, so funny. Do you remember what you said?

Heather said...

Wish i had a million.... All i hav't to say is someday real soon {i hope} we can atleast make a few!:)
I think you are someone that N O one could get sick of!! ;)

Stoker Family said...

The night we had a sleepover at my house and we were door bell ditching and the man was chasing us down the street. We hid in the bushes forever. We were so horrified that he was going to kill us or something.

carlyl said...

5 words....
GLASSES, BOA, HAT, WETTING MYSELF.

Enough said.

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOODNESS - too many to choose from. And like Anna, I suffer from Alzheimer’s...so here are just a few:

1) HURLING and TWIRLING and SWIRLING

2) Sleepovers about every other night all during college. How did we graduate?

3) "Hey There! Hi There! That Ding Dong Sure Looks Good!"

4) Practicing "Safe Note Leaving" with Josh and JT

5) Hauling our bikes on my parent’s minivan all the way to St. George for Spring Break (the real beginning of it all!) and then not really ever wanting to actually ride them. I think we maybe made it about 1/16 of a mile up the canyon.

6) That shady hotel in Vegas that you, me and Sarah stayed in. Um, I am pretty sure there was actually green carpet on the ceiling. Or maybe just the walls. Okay, perhaps just the floor, but I SWEAR the whole room was green.

7) Almost losing my eyeball while sledding at night at Deer Valley. You told me it wasn’t’ that bad and that I looked fine. What a good friend. In actuality, I looked like Frankenstein.

8) Spying on "the boys" with the video camera and thinking we were being so sneaky. Boy howdy were we ever NOT sneaky.

9) You and Dave (BLESS YOUR HEARTS) driving home from D.C. with me while you were SOOOOO sick in your pregnancy with Sam. I will never be able to repay you for that.

10) Spontaneously getting in the car and driving to Vegas to pick up Sarah. I can't even remember why we did that now.

Um, did you ask for one memory? Okay, I just listed 10 and could go on for days. I love you dearly, my friend! Thanks for helping to create some of the best memories of my life!!!

[BrookeO] said...

Fav. of all time has got to be when you broke out your secret super hero powers, moved road closed signs, drove on unpaved roads at high speeds, ran full on stop lights all while quoting Juno...just for me!

XOXOXOXOX

Natali Thompson said...

I love these...I might have to put one on my blog too!
The biggest memory of you that I have is of course from XI. I remember how cool you were (and still are!) during rush '95. I remember coming in and seeing you on a trampoline in a building listening to the Friends theme song and Indigo girls wearing your red plaid pj bottoms. Those were the days. And not to mention that you were the BEST big sister ever! :)

Bryan said...

Giving Sacrament talks in San Diego, me passing out after 2 minutes, and you getting to speak for the whole rest of the meeting. Hee hee.

Kristen said...

Oops, the previous comment was from me. I didn't realized I was signed in as my husband.

Shellie said...

For some reason the thing that keeps coming to my mind is our drive to the temple a while back when we solved all the worlds problems! Best conversation ever....biggest headache ever!

Melissa said...

Cute idea!

I want to know why Carly was wetting herself.

Pubic hair conversation at GNO.

Many more memories to come!

Natalie said...

Of all the memories I have of you, the one that takes the cake is Twin Falls, Idaho!! Starving to death and barely making it to Arby's before passing out, the car breaking down and that lady's house we went to to call Mom and Dad.... then the ride home where we switched seats WHILE driving, and put on the craziest outfit we could find in our bags to stop at the Roy gas station. We were a couple of crazies!!! You make things fun!

Angie said...

I remember so many things! You were so bubbly and fun and sooo enthusiastic about everything (you still are!), I remember seeing your first cute apartment after you and Dave got married. I remember living in Logan and dying to tend baby Sam. I also remember how you are so sympathetic to others that you had appendicitis when my cousin did and you had a miscarriage when I did. You are the best JO!!!!

The Allen Family said...

I'm totally playing blogging catch up...but I just have to say that I love reading your blog and keeping tabs on what is going on in your lives. I don't have a favorite memory, there are too many to pick just one and I don't have the patience to write a lot of them down, but I feel safe is relating all my memories of you to F308 or XI. One of my favorite pictures from F308 however is of you, Anna, possibly Ray and whomever else all sandwiched in the pullout bed. Classic! Anyway, I love ya Jo!!