
It is a classic tale that we have all heard a million times.
Boy meets Girl. Boy and Girl fall madly in love and can't seem to get enough of each other. Boy marries Girl. Boy gradually loses interest in Girl and finds a comfy spot on the couch with a remote and a bowl of nachos. Girl is sad that most of her daily interactions with Boy are during commercials or between football plays.
A classic tale, right?
I guess my only problem is . . . . I never really paid attention to the alternate endings available to this story.
The only one currently coming to my mind is the one where Girl meets a young, hot Latin lover and moves to Europe to bask in the sun on the beaches of Spain.
But what about the Girl that wants to stick it out?
How does her story go, I can't remember?
Does she satiate her need for adult human companionship by planning more girl's nights out, taking a photography class, and stuffing her already too full schedule with more activities?
Does she strictly enforce the one date night a week rule? And if so, where can she get a list of activities and a babysitter that won't break the bank?
Does she eventually just get used to the fact that this is the way it is, and it truly no longer bothers her?
Like I said we've all heard the story, I just need help remembering the ending.
While this does not portray exactly my own personal experience, I still think it's an excellent essay that any married person can relate to. Am I right??
5 comments:
So I don't have an eloquent ending, but check out this video on You Tube. Your post made me think of this funny video. Let me know what you think of it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGOohBytKTU
Deep thoughts. I'm going to be thinking about this when the kids go to bed. Deep thoughts.
This really makes me laugh because Gouch has been gone all week in Virginia for work and he asked me to get a babysitter on Saturday so I can have a break and a date with him. How sweet, huh? Of course he wants to go out at 11 AM so that he can catch the end of the UCLA vs. BYU football game. I guess it's a good compromise, and when I become a senior citizen I'll already be use to the "early bird" specials. Good thing he's the love of my life ;)
Hmm that is sad. What is the answer...? I don't know, but I would definitely make the dates no matter what. But wow life is no fairy tale is it? Makes you think. And I think Boy needs a wake up call, or help, or something.
Mine is a little different, Girl is in control and overly demanding. Girl hides remote batteries and fills up dvr with nothing but her favorite shows.
Boy is resigned to take notice and realizes THIS girl is the girl that makes him laugh with her witty remarks. She never passes up an opportunity to throw a wrench into the mix and surprise the pants off him. This Girl is not afraid to be assertive and will not put up with the Lazies.
I hope your friend finds her strength and love for herself. I don't believe marriage is 50-50. I firmly believe that if you love someone you would be willing to give up 100% of you. BECAUSE if they deeply love you, they would NEVER want that of you.
Post a Comment