I am in a BLOG-FUNK! I just feel like either I've got
a) not a lot to say or
b) not a lot of time to say what I've got to say.
But it is time for a post, for sure...
So here's Five Random Thoughts for you today...
#1... I woke up today with several lymph nodes in my body extremely sore (like lymph nodes I didn't even know I had!). Painfully sore. Weird??? I think so!
#2... Sam is having a bit of a hard time adjusting to first grade. As far as I can tell, he's doing great while he's at school. But it's the home time that's been rough. He's been super sassy and short-tempered with me and Sarah. ...Sigh...
#3... Carly and I went "Super Mom" style and made a huge tripled batch of salsa and then canned it. All by ourselves. First time for both of us. We were so proud of ourselves. Until... we tried the salsa... or as we call it, the "saltsa!" N-A-S-T-Y!! Anyone want a bottle??
#4... Sarah is LOVING preschool. She asks every day if she gets to go to school today.
#5... I'm so glad ELLEN is back. Bedtimes with the kids have been trying (to say the least) lately. When it's all said and done, Ellen is the perfect medicine to help me forget the hell I just went through (and put my kids through).
10 comments:
Grrr WHY don't kids want to go to bed? I so understand what "you put your kids through" - I have been constantly berating myself lately for being so awful with Jake. He makes me want to shoot something sometimes, or slap him, or call him names... but then he can be really cute too of course. That sassiness doesn't sound like Sam at all! :( I'm SO glad Sarah loves school. And AAAACK those lymph nodes are painful. I had that too!!
Oh - I didn't mean that you were awful with your kids! 'Cause you so aren't! :)
I was just talking to a friend who said the same thing about her first grader. She said her pediatrician warned her though. They go to school all by themselves and feel like they are independent and grown up because they are away from home. But it's exhausting so they get home and are tired and ornery - just like they started a new job.
Okay so why did that post make me cry??? Seriously?
Maybe because I am TOTALLY relating to all of them (well except #1, which I am worried about you BTW)
Where's a diet coke? I need one.
I can relate to what you said about cute Sam when he comes home from school. For my kids, not only were they exhausted, but they were used to structured activities all day long and when they came home they were overwhelmed by it. I found it helped them (and me not to go crazy) if they always knew what to expect when they got home. After school snack, homework, chores, freetime. The after school snack gave them time to chill for a few minutes. And the freetime gave them something to look forward to. Easier said than done, though. It's not going to smoothly over here either! Good luck!
xo.
So super sorry about 1,2,3 & half of 5 (the bedtime part)! However....3 huge cheers for Ellen being back! HILARIOUS :)
Only after you've mastered a knowledge of the location of each lymph node can you properly know how to take preventative measures from unknown pains and problems.
I sure love how you are real! And are you coming here anytime soon? I want to see you guys!
DANG about the salsa!!! I hope your nodes are feeling better!
Post a Comment