Like Steve Carrell and Ellen, I LoVe to scare people. It is seriously hilarious to me. Ask my hubby and kids. I do it all the time. Well, at least to the kids. They generally love it, too, and ask me to “do it again!” Except this one time… We were in UT for a visit and my kids were pulling in the driveway with my dad from a slurpee run. As usual, I sneak into the perfect hiding place where I jump out and scare them at the exact right time. (hehe I can still picture it perfectly in my mind!) Sam’s face immediately lit up with excited joy at such a scare. BUT that joy only lasted for a split second because, as his whole body jumped with surprise, he dropped his slurpee on my parent’s driveway. He burst into tears and was inconsolable for ten minutes. And I couldn’t stop laughing.
My family thought I was so cruel.
I thought I was so funny.
I love to scare people.
Unfortunately, Dave is impossible to scare. In fact, I would like to see you try. Which is funny because I am the jumpiest person you’ll meet. You can scare me just by walking in the room. So Dave tends to scare me on a daily basis without even trying and I can’t scare him for the life of me.
9 comments:
You are so funny!! It makes me laugh because Kiara just loves to scare people too! Poor Indigo cannot stand it so there is always this in our home.....kiara says: "BOO"....
Indigo says: " KIARA (sobbing) you scared me.."
More than once every single day... it makes me laugh!! I try to be sympathetic but it is pretty funny!
I love to scare people too but have to restrain myself because Blaine reacts to being scared very violently! Seriously. He goes into attack mode. So if I am hiding and scare him I am taking my life in my hands. So I have resorted to dumping a glass full of cold water on him in the shower. Not nearly as fun, and he still gets made, but there is a safety barrier of glass that keeps me safe.
*note, blaine is not a violent person, but has similar instincts to this guy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFwqSJtSnb8
LOVE these 2 posts. I have been laughing all morning!
Poor Sam - although it does make me chuckle! I HATE IT when people scare me ... usually want to turn around and punch their lights out! Although, watching other people get scared is a different story.
I'll rack my brain to see if I can remember a time that Dave was scared. Right off the top of my head, though, I can't think of one.
The joy that Boo and Boo Part Two has brought me is immeasurable. Thank you for making me laugh. I can totally picture you getting so excited to scare your kids.
Remember how we waited for hours in the middle of the night with Lisa and Sarah to scare some boys that were meeting us at the camp site?
I had no idea. That's so funny about you! I'm TOTALLY jumpy too! Steve scares me on a daily basis too. I've actually never thought about startling my kids. I'll have to try it!
Too funny. Jake would love having you around. I, on the other hand, HATE being scared! It takes me a full 10 minutes to calm down too. :)
Oh my gosh...I about peed my pants reading this! I can totally picture it going down! I can't explain the joy that I get when I actually am able to scare Richard! It will still bring a smile to my face :) But there have been way too many times that he has gotten me, and good ones at that. I'll email you one of the best ones so you can try it on Dave, I'd post it, but then he'll be able to read it. It's such a fun thing to do and I love that Abby and Zach are jumpy as well, it makes it fun!
Post a Comment