Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Callingless

Not a real word, I know.  But it works for my current situation.  I am currently without a church calling.  I was released as a ward missionary over a month ago but was not given anything else at the time.  And nothing ever since.  It’s been a little bit of a rollercoaster ride for me.

First of all, Sundays…  Is this the day?  Am I going to get the long-awaited phone call?  The phone rings…  Is this it?  Nope.  Just you.  All morning I feel a bit of anticipation.  Week after week.

Second of all, what the crud calling is it going to be??  Please no YW!  Can you say “worst calling of my life”!?  I’m way too immature to be in YW.  Please not nursery.  No thank you.  Don’t love kids that much.  Soccer World and home fills my quota of unruly, snotty kids.  Scouts??  Not only no, but h*%^ no!  Chorister?  HA!

We’ll see what’s in store for me.  Hopefully it’s primary or R.S. teacher.  That’s the kind of calling I can handle…  I’ll keep you posted.

13 comments:

Heather said...

i just love ya.... i hear ya about the scout thing!!! :)
i think RS president would fit you great!!! :)

i love to clean... i know call me cray but, i think what works best is do upstairs on 1 day and down the next day... that is if you have an up & down!! if not just all at once to get it over with!
love all your posts!

xo

[BrookeO] said...

Funny.
No really I am laughing!!! Only b/c you would be so good at everything/anything. But I'm afraid the H!@* no might have just got you called...!!!!!

PS I wish I could trade you!

Anonymous said...

How about Relief Society dinner chairman. That was the worst calling I have ever had! Probably because I hate to cook and there's never enough budge to to do anything really good.
About the house cleaning - my favorite line is "A Clean House is a Sign of a Mis-spent Life." (You know I practice what I preach.) Give Sarah a hug and kiss from me. I hope she is feeling better soon!

Kathi said...

yeah,how's Sarah.
You'd be a great teacher! There, do you think the Lord heard that? Cause I think you're in for scouts now.

Angie said...

I agree that it is the weirdest feeling not to have a calling. Kind of nice though, eh? And no, you are not too immature to be in YW. Ha ha! I actually had that thought about myself the other day though. And I think I'd totally have to say no if they put me in nursery. TOTALLY DITTO!

Unknown said...

I was in nursery for 10 months and now I'm in YW. I am way to immature to be in there, but that didn't stop it. I sit and giggle with the girls all through mutual. We even text each other through out the week sometimes. The joke every Sunday is how I look like one of the laurels. Can't wait to hear what you get called as :)

Kristi said...

You and I have opposite dream callings. I love YW and I would probably seriously say no if they asked me to teach R.S. and ward missionary? That was the worst. Primary, awful. I guess I only really like YW or like, enrichment comittee.

WIKKY said...

Hey... enjoy it while you can. That doesn't happen very often! Maybe it's so you can get your digital scrapbook donE!

Sara K. said...

I was calling-less until recently and just got called as the dreaded nursery leader. I was YW President for 3 years and I think I'd prefer that over nursery. Bah! I had a list of about 10 callings I didn't want. VT coordinator was at the tippy top of my please oh please pick me list :-)

Mike said...

Maybe they'll make up a calling for you like they do in singles wards.. "Ward-person-who-tries-to-set-everyone-up-for-marriage-CO-chairman." Which really means that they are trying to set up the two co-chairs.

The best calling I've ever had was Ward Greeter. Apparently I was talking too loud in church and they decided to put it to use. Truly, the Lord knows our talents.

Anna said...

I just discovered within the past year that a lot of people feel weird when they don't have callings. Apparently I'm the strange one who loves not having callings. I love having a calling too. Well, some callings more than others but I digress. It doesn't make me feel a bit weird or anxious or worried when I don't have a calling.

JoAnna said...

oh. Don't get me wrong. I'm enjoying every min of this state of callinglessness. Please NO rush!!

Anna said...

I'm glad you're enjoying not having a calling because lately I've discovered that there are a ton of people that don't enjoy it so I was starting to feel a bit freakish.