Monday, December 15, 2008

Book Your Tickets Now!

I know you want to come visit us in lovely MN!  You are so welcome.  You may want to bring socks, though.

Here’s the advisory we have out that started last night (when I happened to be making a random grocery store run at midnight with a couple of friends).  (p.s.  Grocery shopping at midnight with friends sans kids is the way to do it.)

BITTER COLD AND STRONG WESTERLY WINDS OF 15 TO 30 MPH...WITH GUSTS AROUND 35 MPH...WILL PRODUCE DANGEROUS WIND CHILLS OF 25 TO 35 BELOW ZERO MAINLY AFTER MIDNIGHT TONIGHT. THESE BITTERLY COLD CONDITIONS SHOULD CONTINUE THROUGH THE EARLY AFTERNOON OF MONDAY. A WIND CHILL ADVISORY MEANS THAT VERY COLD AIR AND STRONG WINDS WILL COMBINE TO GENERATE LOW WIND CHILLS. THIS WILL RESULT IN FROST BITE AND LEAD TO HYPOTHERMIA IF PRECAUTIONS ARE NOT TAKEN. IF YOU MUST VENTURE OUTDOORS...MAKE SURE YOU WEAR A HAT AND GLOVES.

Still wanna come??

9 comments:

Camilla Millar said...

Wow, are the kids still walking to school?

spackers said...

I love reading your blog, and although I have had dreams of whisking my family off for a visit, they have all been shattered. I have been complaining about how cold it has been here this year becasue it has been in the fifties rather than the sixties. Maybe you should come visit me....

Angie said...

Man oh man! I think I'll wait til June :) I'm such a baby, I think it's way too cold here in SLC! I'd never survive in MN.

Sara K. said...

Much of the same down here, though I'd walk through just about anything for some of those Rolo cookies.

Heather said...

ummmmmmm that is freaking cold!!
i want to go sit by my fire & drink some hot chocolate after reading that! :) I will totally come see you though cause i want to go on some GNO with you guys... it always sounds so much fun! :)

Natalie said...

Yep, still wanna come.

Lacey said...

If you'd make me some rolo cookies and a tall glass of hot chocolate ...

Kathi said...

It's so lucky you get to come here and get warm. Well, kind of. If we have the furnace on. At least it will NOT be snowing on Saturday when you come. Probably every day before and after. But at least you can step outside without fear of death!

Mike said...

who wants to go tracting?