Tuesday, December 16, 2008

I’m Dreaming…

My friend showed me this and now we are in a fight…

head-band-front Why, you ask, are we in a fight? 

Because she has put it upon me to lust and dream for something that it is so far out of my price range, it is just plain sad.

And yet, I cannot put it out of my mind. 

Whenever I step out of the car and the wind starts biting my ears, I long for it. 

Whenever I’m running back to my car and the –39 windchill stings my ears, I ache for it.

Wouldn’t you?

It’s the cutest, yummiest looking thing EVER!!!

So please please please.  Somebody HELP!  Teach me how to make this with yummy, delicious, yarn but not so yummy and delicious it would cost me $80 to make.  Pretty PLEASE?

11 comments:

Jared said...

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=18702813

Try this link they make headband/Scarflette's (they can be used as either). They are super cute and run 15 to 18 bucks! I love etsy... I find so many wonderful treasures there.

http://ny-image0.etsy.com/il_430xN.49500468.jpg

Lacey said...

You're right. They are darling. Everyone needs one ... especially you in your ridiculously frigid air. I'll look into this.

[BrookeO] said...

This is the reason you have been acting so weird?

Angie said...

My friend Courtney Alvord makes really cute stuff like this. She as a boutique called http://pearlandpauper.com/. You should check it out. I know her well enought that I'm sure she'd do a special order if she has a picture. And she'd probably only charge like $15-20, not $80.

Camilla Millar said...

Hmmmm, I'm not a knitting expert, but it really doesn't look too hard. . . .just need to find someone who knits!

Heather said...

ask elise i'm sure she could help ya! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Jo, I could make that for you. Just let me know what color. Marilyn

Anonymous said...

or I could teach you how over the holidays. Really good, yummy yarn would be about $7.00. You would only need one skein.

Anna said...

Um, Jo, if Marilyn teaches you, you can go ahead and make me one. Okay? Thanks.

Curt said...

Oh my crud, Jo - Dave doesn't have an old black sock and an old shoelace? That would take me about two minutes to make and I wouldn't even need to use duct tape so it wouldn't be ugly (although I do have black duct tape). I mean come on, it's not worth ruining friendships over, there are plenty of other things worth that. Some are even very worth it.

Natalie said...

AAAAAAAhhhhahahaha! That is hilarious Curt. Next year I want you to give to me for Christmas.