Thursday, December 18, 2008

As it turns out…

…when you wash your car in the winter in MN, your automatic sliding doors may freeze shut.

It’s a balmy 3 degrees tonight.  I mean, c’mon!  That’s NOTHING! (although with the windchill they say it “feels like –10”… I just LOVE to focus on the windchill.  It sounds so much better.)

Let’s just hope the doors warm up in the garage tonight so they can thaw out (or as Dave and I like to say- dethaw).  Tomorrow’s errands could be a major pain in the booty with Sarah and Sam climbing over the front seat with snowy, dirty boots on.

And while I’m going…

I find one problem with MN.  I really don’t mind the freezing cold weather.  (Really.  I don’t love it but I don’t mind it.) 

Here’s what I mind- 

[SquEaky SnOw]

You know how nails on a chalkboard can give someone the chills?  Well, one of those things for me is the sound of somebody stepping on or driving on squeaky snow. 

It makes me cringe from the inside of my head to the inside of my toes. 

Here in my lovely city, they love to wait until after all the snow has fallen to plow the roads.  (At least the neighborhood ones, from what I gather.)  So by that point, a lot of the snow has been packed down by traffic.  The plow comes by and pretends to make a difference.  What you are left with is snow that squeaks when you drive on it.

And so I am left to cringe all the day long.

Br-rrr…rr

8 comments:

Heather said...

LOL :} i actually feel the same way! hope you get in your car today! :)

Summer said...

THAT is what bothers you???!!?? You crack me up Jo - I'll try to remember not to step on squeaky snow when I'm with you : )

Kathi said...

And don't ever BITE a popsicle in front of her! ooo, she just cringed.

Carrie said...

I love the wind chill factor too! It gets much more sympathy from those back west. I can't stand when the defroster can't keep up with the falling snow/sleet. Looking through that small defrosted area near the steering wheel to drive is so much fun (and comforting)!

Anna said...

When you wrote "dethaw", did you know that I would totally appreciate it? Because you know that Brandon and I say that all the time too.

Camilla Millar said...

Do you have an Odyssey? Mine freezes shut a lot and we aren't near -10!! That is one of my few complaints with the car.

Anonymous said...

Dave should say "un thaw' That's the Malad way of saying it. It's like when you "un pick" a seam when sewing.

Angie said...

Ditto on the "dethaw" thing. Me too. It's funny how certain sounds get to us. One thing that does that for me is walking in bare feet in my garage. I hate it!!! It's not a sound but an awful feeling!