Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Mom’s A Snitch

My friend, Brooke, got Sam and me hooked on Cinnamon bears (among other things).  When I buy a bag, I tend to eat thimagesem faster than Sam.  He doesn’t like that.  So I bought him his own bag.  This he enjoyed thoroughly. 

However, last night I couldn’t help myself.  Mine were all gone and his bag was just sitting there.  And I had a hankering for cinnamon.  So I finished his bag off.  I knew he wouldn’t notice until after school today.  That would give me time to replace the bag.  I was going to the grocery store anyway.  Turns out Wal-Mart does not have cinnamon bears (at least not anywhere your average Jo would be able to find them).  I pretty much searched the whole store.  (Have I told you lately how much I hate Wal-Mart?  Too bad it saves me so much money.  I have to keep going back… Ugh.)  So after what felt like three weeks inside one grocery store, I decided a run to Target was necessary.  For cinnamon bears and protein powder.  Turns out Target doesn’t have cinnamon bears either.  Kwik Trip does.  That much I know.  So that’s where I stopped on my way home from Target, which is where I stopped on my way home from Wal-Mart.  Three different stops for a bag of cinnamon bears. 

Pretty pathetic. 

Okay.  Totally pathetic. 

12 comments:

Unknown said...

um, they are cinnamon bears... i would have done the exact same thing. maybe thats the first thing i will eat come january.

Anna said...

"not anywhere your average Jo would be able to find them" - so funny I love it.

Also - I have the same hate-need relationship with Wal-Mart. Dang it.

Anna said...

P.S. You are a good mommy.

Kristi said...

I can't blame you at all for going to wal-mart, even if you are anti wal-mart, the choices in Rochester are all bleh, don't you think? I do miss the childcare in ...uh, can't remember the name of the store right now. But really I just didn't like grocery shopping in general there.

Cinnamon bears, I wish I were addicted to something that wasn't chocolate : )

Pamela said...

Not pathetic at all! As a fellow cinnamon bear lover I feel one must go the distance to acquire the goods!

Janee said...

I love cinnamon bears and haven't had them forever. I'll have to stop by Kwik Trip and get some. I also have a love/hate relationship with Walmart.

Ashley said...

I totally hear you with the cinnamon bears! Have you tried the chocolate covered cinnamon bears - they are to die for!

[BrookeO] said...

It is a bad addiction. Remember the time I scarfed down an entire bag while you watched?!

FYI: Hy-Vee, Fleet Farm, Hobby Lobby, Quik Trip

Lisa, Adam and Macey said...

Oh man, LOVE the cinnamon bears as well (particularly the chocolate covered ones...which is funny because I hate chocolate!). You are funny and a superb mom. Love you!

Heather said...

you are soooo cute... i l o o v e
cinnamon bears as well.

p.s. i loved all your posts too!!!

Melissa said...

Can't wait for the day when I can say goodby to Wal Mart and never look back.

Shellie said...

Hilarious!