I got the long awaited phone call this morning. I was meeting with the first counselor so I thought for sure it was primary.
Nope.
Emergency Preparedness/Employment Specialist
Random? Yes.
Appropriate? Probably.
This is definitely right up my alley. I get very excited about this kind of thing.
The first thing I’m going to do is encourage people to have some cash on hand. Start by taking $5 cash out of each paycheck and keep it in the freezer. Random? Yes. Will you thank yourself later? Probably.
5 comments:
That's so perfect for you! Good luck on the employment part.
Oh wow - that is SOOO perfect for you! You will be great. So, really, in the freezer?
I must be right in tune with you. I just got a couple hundred dollars out in cash for emergencies. I asked our emergency preparedness specialist how much money we should have on hand and she said $20 a person which seemed a little too little for an emergency. Any thoughts Jo?
You really have to think about that one Jo. . . because if your power is out then you won't have a microwave to thaw out all those Fives.
an emergency preparedness calling? you're the emergency preparedness lady? ha! all i can think is that you are the dwight/angela of your ward. safety officer...emergency preparedness lady. poTAYto, poTAWto.
"...take off your stockings! they'll melt right onto your flesh!! stay below the smoke line!! everybody out...STAT!! STAT MEANS NOW!!!!!"
("amelita" is amy. it's me. it's amy. oh, hey.)
Post a Comment