-In case you haven’t heard, it’s cold here. -26 before the windchill. School cancelled two days in a row. My car won’t start. Blah blah blah. It’s nuts really. Here’s the confession: I love it, in a twisted sort of way. I love excitement and weather is a good place to look for it, in my opinion.
-I’m loving the gym. Mayo has an amazing gym for their employees and spouses. I cannot tell you how much I am enjoying working out there. And the best part is--- Sarah and Sam L-O-V-E the childcare there. It’s a treat for them to go. It’s a win-win! How great is that??
-Sarah is giving me a run for my money these days. This girl!! [EVERYTHING] is a battle with her. And when I say battle, I don’t mean she puts up a little stink. This girl is all out, no backing down, complete and total meltdown. After meltdown. After meltdown. And the battles are over every day things such as meals, baths, hair, cleaning up after yourself, etc etc etc. No avoiding it.
-My throat is sore again. What’s the deal? I take lots of vitamins. I’m tired of it hurting and always losing my voice. Do I need to get my tonsils out?
-Every time I get up (from sitting down anywhere), it takes me a minute to straighten my back and get my legs to walk normally. I honestly look like a much older person than I really am and my kids notice. I just think it’s funny.
-I took a nap at 6:00pm tonight. So necessary. So good.
-Sam is smart. (Much smarter than me but don’t tell him that yet.) He had a brilliant idea yesterday.
Mom, you know what they should make for people who want to watch tv all day? A mat that you connect to the tv and makes it so that the tv only works when you are exercising on the mat.
-I got an i-touch for Christmas. I cannot tell you how much I love it. I use it constantly. I love having all the apps on it. I use it for my grocery listing, my calendar, my to-do listing, my budgeting, my music, plus I like to play some games on it. And so do my kids. They use it as much as I do. LOVE IT!
-I’ll stop rambling now, but thanks for listening! Oh! And p.s., in case you were concerned. It’s warmed up to zero degrees. The spell is over.
10 comments:
good luck with the tantrums . . . lauren started not long after she turned four and we are beginning to be able to handle them . . . she still gets mad and yells and stomps, but i can't rememeber the last time she threw herself down on the ground . . . although i do still have the vivid memory of one near the beginning- i was 9 months pregnant and she had fit as we were walking into Target . . . she threw herself down onto the pavement (right before we reached the sidewalk) and screamed and kicked her feet while cars stopped and waited.
I hear you with the Sarah thing. Perhaps we could just lock her and Gwen in a room while we exercise on a mat that allows us to watch TV.
I totally feel for you!
Don't worry, I totally freaked out on Alex today. I swear all she does right now is whine/scream/cry! I'm so glad your workout was great today. I am in love with that place too - and so are my kids! They had fun with yours today (for a little while at least)!
I loved your confessions - every single one of'em.
And Sam is a freakin' genius
Ah-ha-ha-ha....I am totally picturing you getting up from sitting. You're so cute. I often find myself putting my hand on my lower back and trying to massage it. I just need to bend over and have a cane and I'll be 80 years old.
An exercise mat? That's genius!
I just got caught up on what is going on in the Morris Family. And yes...I am grateful that someone out there also feels like they are drowning and despite how hard you try to catch up somehow you get nothing done. Hummm it is a suffocating feeling. One way to look at it...it can only get better. Spring is soon around the corner. No more snow and sickness. We can do it!!
I hear ya on the sick thing. Richard and I passed it back and forth 3 times! This last time I finally caved (since I thought it had turned into strep) and went in for some antibiotics. Finally, it's going away! I can't believe how cold it is for you guys. I'm so glad we are in UT now...the new reported that Maine was -50! We only lived an hour from there! Go you for loving the adventure :o)
I'm so glad it is you living in MN since you see -26 as an adventure! 108 degrees would be an adventure I'd enjoy. Although I do think wind is adventurous and I love it. I LOVE Sam's idea!!! What a total cutie. He is sharp as a whip.
Boy Do I sure love your posts. Your last two have two totally different tones to them.
I cannot believe how cold it is. WOW!
I need to get myslef one of those mats, especially with all of the good TV on lately, then my body just might be scientifically beautiful.
Post a Comment