Saturday, February 28, 2009

Because You Deserve It

A post, that is.

1.  I’m speaking in church next week.  The topic is “helping others through adversity.”  That’s a good one.  I’m looking forward to putting my thoughts together on that.  I’m open (and asking) for any of your thoughts, suggestions, article recommendations, etc.

2.  At the risk of sounding like TAMN at Seriously So Blessed, I am so grateful to be a mom to my two wonderful children.  They are such a joy to me.

3.  I’m having so much fun working out at the gym, thanks to good music! (Still going strong- 6 days a week, at least one hour a day!)

4.  We are looking into our fellowship options.  It’s so fun to think of our next adventure.  Will it be Philly?  The South?  California?  Wherever it may be, it should be warmer than MN.  And that is a good thing.

5.  I was recently asked if I could go anywhere for the weekend, all expenses covered, travel time not an issue, where would I go.  My answer was San Diego.  I would love to take my kids to the beach, visit my mission area, do all the billion of fun things there are to do there, and visit Eric and Tiff in paradise. 

6.  But then, as I got to thinking about it, I realized that this idea of travel time not being an issue is really something I should seize upon.  And therefore, I officially change my answer.  I would take my kids to a poverty-stricken village in Africa.  I want them to see for themselves how good they have it.

7.  I’m sorry my posts have been all about me lately.  More about my kids coming soon.  Promise.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Hey I don't care if your posts are all about you OR your kids! I just love your posts. I'm so glad you are enjoying working out! Sounds like fun.

Kristi said...

I think the trick is getting someone to be helped through adversity. Like I was always complaining about how Blaine would never help me sweep and mop and it hurt my back and blah blah but then when someone would offer to come and help I'd be like, "oh no, it's fine" but then one day Meleah and Ralphie showed up, armed with cleaning stuff and demanded to be let in : ) They swept and mopped and just helped me. It was so sweet. So I think a key to helping someone is to avoid saying, "Do you need help? Let me know if I can do anything." But rather show up and say, "what can I do for you" or "I am picking up your kid in a hour". I don't know, I still haven't figured this one out. But just maybe by asking them for a specific thing you could do for them, rather than leaving it up to them to contact you. Keep the ball in your court.

I sound like a lunatic.