Sunday, March 1, 2009

You’re Invited…

Dave’s birthday is this week.

When I was telling the kids about it, they got super excited.  They immediately got busy planning all of the details of his “party.”  Sarah quickly chose a football theme for him.  Sam was begging for a doctor theme.  They’ve settled on a combination “Doctors playing Football” party.  Sarah keeps talking about how we need to get the football invitations.  They are trying to choose whether we play ‘pin the stripe on the football’ or ‘pin the stethoscope on the doctor’.  (Maybe we could do pin the football on the doctor.)

Too bad for the kids, there will be no party for Dave.  That would be his worst nightmare.  Truly.  But we do have a fun day planned.

He’s going to be working at the hospital overnight on the actual day but he does have Friday off.  (His bday is Wednesday.)  So we are getting him a hotel room!!  Our present to him will be the gift of sleep.  He can sleep all day. 

Meanwhile, the kids and I are going to get in some fun swim time at the hotel pool.

And then for the evening, the kids will stay with a babysitter while Dave and I go out for a romantic dinner on the town.

We are super excited about it all! 

I hope it’s everything that Dave deserves it to be.

10 comments:

Sara said...

Hiiiiiiiiiii Jo!! It's Sara (Bell) my mom gave me your blog address. it's so so cute. i can't believe how old your kids are, they are so darling! Now i'm off to check out Natalie's and Suzanne's.
Oh and it sounds like the perfect birthday gift for Dave.

Kathi said...

Sara!!! How fun!!
Whatever kind of 'party' they give Dave is going to tickle him. They have very creative ideas.
MISS THEM!!!
(I check your blog like 2x a day and then all of a sudden I miss 2 posts!)

Natalie said...

Oh that sounds like an awesome plan!!! Although I don't really think Doctors playing football could be beat. :D

Elise said...

The only thing worse that a b-day party for C would be if I threw him a surprise b-day party. That sounds like a spectacular day (and night). Send him our best birthday wishes! : ) ~Sykes Clan

Summer said...

What a great idea Jo! It sounds super fun. Can't wait to hear all about it : )

Anna said...

Ah-ha-ha...your kids are so cute. I think that would be a good Indian name for Dave, "Doctor playing football".

Marilyn said...

We hope Dave has a wonderful day. What a fun party theme! I love how creative Sam and Sarah are. Wish we could be there to help celebrate (and tend)

spackers said...

Ahh, is there any better bday present than getting to be alone? I hope you have as wonderful a time as Dave does. You both deserve it.

Angie Birkeland said...

I'm excited for you guys. Especially for Dave. What a birthday gift. Have a spectacular night out without the kiddos. JEALOUSY!!!

Angie said...

You planned the perfect gift for him!! I hope it all went well. What a great wife you are :)