Thursday, April 16, 2009

Biggest Loser Results

Our little MN Biggest Loser competition is over. 

I did it.  I survived 8 weeks of intense pressure.  Everyone eyeing my every bite.  Everyone tallying my caloric intake in their head for me.  Most discussions led to weight management.  It was a long 8 weeks.  But they are over and the results are in…

Well, my results anyway.  The actual results we haven’t heard yet, which is killing me since one of my ‘besties’ is a front-runner.

So I had a rough 8 weeks.  I dealt with a few (legitimate) bumps in the road that really slowed my progress.  I was derailed more than once but I got back on track every time.  And I am certainly not done.  I’m just getting into the groove.  But for now… 

(drumroll please)

I’ve lost 10 pounds.  That’s 5.78% of my body weight!!  Wahoo!  It’s certainly an accomplishment and I’m very happy about it. 

My goal for the next 8 weeks is 10 more pounds…

20 comments:

WIKKY said...

Wow.... congratulations! Dieting is definitely a hard thing. I look up to anyone who can endure! You are awesome!

Kristin said...

Congrats!!! Can't wait to see you at the gym, it's the only time I get to see ya now.

[BrookeO] said...

Should we celebrate with double-stuff oreos? My treat!!!

Just Kidding - Jo, everything you do inspires me. You totally kicked butt and I love it!

xo

Shellie said...

I am so glad I did this with you....to say the least.

Janee said...

Great job, JoAnna. I thought about joining the competition but didn't. Maybe I should have. I need some extra encouragement. Dieting is so hard. I also need to drop 20 pounds. If you've lost 10 already, maybe I can too.

Elise said...

Ka-blammmmm! You are an inspiration to all!!!

Heather said...

WOW... congrats. i wish i could say that i have lost 10lbs.
seriously that is soooooo awesome!

Haley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amanda said...

Joanna, That is awesome! Congratulations! I would love to lose at least 10 pounds but just don't have enough willpower. What is your trick??

Sharon said...

you are amazing!!! What a fun idea!

Natalie said...

Oh Jo that is so exciting! I am so proud of you for sticking with it and working so hard. Excellent job.

Angie said...

WAY TO GO! Go You! Go You!

Cheryl said...

Congrats girl! very impressive and way to hang in there.

simply kris said...

what motivates you? Because chocolate motivates me and that seems to be the opposite of what I should be focusing on.

Sara said...

I just caught up on your last few posts...love them!
I love that you said you can't make yourself convince your kids that the Easter bunny is real. ha ha!! I have always thought that same thing. Seriously? a giant walking bunny, coming in our house with gifts? No thanks.

I love your "I heart" post. That little Rachel girl sounds like such a blessing:)

and last but not least: WAY TO GO on the biggest loser!!!! that's awesome.

Anna said...

Jo - I'm so proud of you!

Kathi said...

Wow! That is terrific!! I guess I didn't want to ask but was wondering. Now I wish I'd done it with you. I'm just missing one thing - MOTIVATIION! I have a million reasons but they don't add up to motivation. So I REALLY admire you doing it! Especially in light of the glitches.

Angie Birkeland said...

Dang you are awesome. I need you for my motivation. I love watching Biggest Loser, yet I sit and watch it while eating potato chips and crap. Hmmmm.....probably not what the show is intended to do.

Keep it up Jo. That is seriously so great to actually see results when you have worked so hard.

Unknown said...

you are awesome and i love it!

Melissa said...

You look fabulous, always have though.

That's awesome