Thursday, April 23, 2009

DO NOT organize the kitchen without me!

April 2009 186

Turns out this 6 year old LOVES to {organize}.

We’ve been in the process of decluttering our home. The other day it was time to work on Sam’s room. He loved it! He was disappointed when we ran out of time and couldn’t wait to get to the dresser drawers the next day. He came home from school and wanted to get right to it! (I might add that this decluttering included lots of throwing away and Sam was just fine with that!!)

When that was all done, he asked what we could work on tomorrow. I told him he could help me with the kitchen cupboards after school. Later that night, he was tucked into bed and all was quiet for several minutes when I heard,

“Do NOT organize the kitchen cupboards without me!”

What kid can’t sleep for fear that their mom will organize something without them??

Another funny story from a few weeks ago… Sam and Sarah had been playing at Hailey’s house and I had just announced that Hailey could come play at our house now. There were cheers of excitement and an exclamation from Sam announcing to Hailey that she could help him organize his books!

16 comments:

Raquel said...

Joanna, is Sam up for hire.
I have a bundle of tupperware that
needs sorting, oh and the pantry.
Take the help while you can get it!

Natalie said...

Oh can I be next in line? I really need some help here.

"What kid can’t sleep for fear that their mom will organize something without them??" Ummm... Your kid.

Kathi said...

Right Natalie! Only I don't remember being aware of that when I could use it. I guess I wasn't busy organizing for her to come help me.
What a kid! Love him!

Lacey said...

Hilarious! He needs to visit my house! We're (really meaning me) in the in the middle of the same process and it's not going as well. Who knew I married and birthed a bunch of sentimental pack rats! I'm very impressed with Sam!

Unknown said...

loved that... had me laughing out loud!

Lisa, Adam and Macey said...

LOL! A (little) man after my own heart. Love him!!

Jessica O said...

LQTMS...I can totally picture Sam saying this.
Now if it could only get my kids excited about getting rid of stuff.

p.s. Thanks for all of the stuff Sam decided to get rid of. Isaac is in heaven.

Elise said...

A boy after my own heart!

spackers said...

The question is... is his "help" really help or more of a hindrance? Sometimes "help" is the last thing I want.

[BrookeO] said...

Oh Sam!!! :)

Shellie said...

I am sure H was up for the organizing. She is ALL FOR IT whenever I let her help! She usually doesn't mind throwing things away either...I LOVE IT!

Love that Sam :)

Marilyn said...

That is hilarious! I could use his help, too!

WIKKY said...

I just MADE my kids clean and declutter their rooms and it was pulling teeth to get it done. Count your blessings that he loves it so much!

Aubrie said...

He's a keeper that one! Too funny!

Camilla Millar said...

Wow, I am impressed.

Angie said...

hahaha. That is so great!