Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Check It!

il_430xN_69425083

How cute is this??  It’s May’s Visiting Teaching Kit from HandPicked Daisy.  Includes a summary of the talk, "Finding Strength in Challenging Times" by Elder Allan F. Packer, a strawberry and feta salad recipe, a clipboard, and a hair clip that can also be used as a paper clip.  Only $4 from here.  (When I got mine it said there was only one left.  BUT!  She said she will make more.  So just ask her for one.)

Next… Do this!  Get a group of friends.  Set a time to get together weekly.  Rotate homes and get busy while you socialize!  The person whose home it is has a list of jobs to do and supplies ready.  Everyone just picks a job from the list and gets to work.  If there are kids involved, one of you takes the job of watching the kids.  And VOILA!  Everyone wins.

A few of us just started this very thing.  We call it “project days.”  Anything goes on the list.  Whether it’s painting, cleaning, or organizing.  Today it was my turn to have the motley crew over.  In less than two hours, we had my kitchen cabinets cleaned and organized, couch cushions vacuumed, light fixtures and vents dusted, fridge and freezer cleaned, stairs vacuumed, and the entire trim around my garage sanded.  And there were only four of us!!  (And two babies, plus five other kids!)  And guess what!  It was FUN!  Really.  I think we all thought it was.  We are super excited to keep up the rotation and continue to work miracles in hardly any time at all.  {THANK YOU, LOVELIES!!}

9 comments:

Kristi said...

Okay that is awesome! I had an idea to do something like that a few weeks ago when Ralphie came over and helped me hedge. It was so fun and so easy and I had been meaning to do it forever! Will you send me an email with the logistics of your group??

Nikki said...

I want in!

Kathi said...

Did Sam agree to this being done without him?

Andrea W. said...

JoAnna, this is Andrea, your cousin Greg's daughter. I found you through Sara and had a great time reading up and you and your darling family. Maybe we'll see you sometime at some family function, but until then if you don't mind, I'll probably pop in to your blog now and then.

spackers said...

You are so much more industrious than I, but maybe with a group of friends, who knows.... Even I may be inspired to new heights of cleanliness and organization. But I doubt it.

Camilla Millar said...

Wow, that is a really good idea!

Sara said...

I want to move to your neighborhood!!

Sharon said...

ooh I like that! I am going to paste the last two paragraphs into an email and forward it onto my clan here and begin!! love it love it love it!!!!

Angie said...

What a BRILLIANT idea. Seriously. That totally rocks! I'll have to try that for sure.