Friday, June 12, 2009

Potatoes Anyone?

We did the potato stamping today. Super fun, super cute, super easy.

One hitch. We had to hunt for a star cookie cutter that was small enough to stick into the potato. Recommended test: It has to be SMALLER than the palm of your hand.

Oh! One more recommendation... Keep the painting shirts on until EVERYTHING is cleaned up. We were so careful all the way through. And then I thought about taking the picture so I had them come back over to the table. That's when Sarah and Hailey ruined their cute white t-shirts they were wearing. OOPS!! I promise I tried, Shel.
[We did the pennies treasure hunt yesterday. We threw fifty pennies on the driveway. They had fun gathering them and counting them all up. Thanks, Oldroyds, for joining us!]

10 comments:

[BrookeO] said...

Aw. Cute!!!! Seriously the party must follow you everywhere!!!!!

My girls LOVED the penny hunt.
Thank yoU!

Shellie said...

OH MY GOODNESS! I had no idea that this was going to be a super cute t-shirt. I was thinking more along the lines of random stamps everywhere, create your own pattern, only wear to bed type shirt. HOW FUN! Thanks again for letting her join you. You are THE BEST!

Anna said...

The shirts look AMAZING! I love all your ideas. Can I be your kid for the summer?

Natalie said...

Oh wow those shirts are SOO CUTE! I love them - the designs are seriously awesome. How fun!! Want me to applique a flower on the white shirt over where the paint is to match Sarah's new skirt?

Sharon said...

I wish we were neighbors! You are the cutest mom ever!!!

Kathi said...

Those look incredible! Such great designs! I'll bet they're so proud of them and had so much fun.

Marilyn said...

oh my gosh! Those are the cutest shirts. I am so impressed with all the fun things you are doing with the kids this summer. What a wonderful, creative mom you are!

Lisa, Adam and Macey said...

You are an amazing mom! I am with Anna...I want to be your kid this summer :)

Pamela said...

Love it! Of course you know it is not a true painting activity unless the kids get paint on their real clothes!!

Melissa/McRae said...

Those turned out really cute, I'm totally copying your idea...if I can convince myself to read the directions and get supplies! Nice job!!