Saturday, June 20, 2009

A Little Update

… My brother and his wife had their baby last Sunday!  This little precious bundle has been long awaited for sure.  May I introduce to you :

ELISE KIMBLE

IMG_1754

Seriously.  Does she not just melt your heart??

Congrats, Curt and Anne!

 

… Dave and I flew to Nashville, TN for a quick 24-hr trip.  We enjoyed it very much.  Dave interviewed all day for a fellowship in Trauma and Critical Care at Vanderbilt University.  I was able to explore the city a bit, thanks to my past mission companion- Kristen.  Both Dave and I liked what we saw.  But we still have Denver and Philly to visit before we can make a decision.

… Sam and Sarah are enjoying summer.  And so am I.  We get to play a lot.  We try to squeeze as much play as possible into every day.  The rest of the year is work work work, so we might as well live it up while we can.  Gosh, summer is fun.

… EXCEPT!!  All of the fighting, bickering, and tattling amongst S&S.  Some days it’s all I can do to not snap.

… I’m trying to keep a tally of how many times a day I hear this:

“Right, Mom?”

I don’t know why, but both of my kids need to hear that validation from me all day every day.  Right, mom?  Right, mom?  Right, mom?  Oftentimes.  I’ll even hear it simultaneously, both seeking validation for two different things. 

… Summer TV stinks. 

Don’t get me wrong.  Nothing is better than SYTYCD for sure.  But that is only 3 hrs (less, really, with DVR) a week of good TV.  And nothing else on is even mediocre.  Come on!  Throw me a bone.  I am reading some good books, but I really like to have a good show on while I work on misc projects.

11 comments:

Angie said...

Oh my gosh Elice is SO cute!! I am so happy for them. Finally! What a doll. She kind of looks like Sam to me. And I'm glad I'm not the only one whose kids go at it. Good luck with Denver and Philly :)

Rich said...

I'm right with you on the summer tv thing. SYTYCD can only carry you so far.

Anna said...

I didn't even know Curt and Anne were expecting - what a delight! She is beautiful!

I totally agree about summer TV. We've been using Hulu to watch Arrested Development since we never watched it while it was on the air. If you haven't seen it - I think you would really enjoy it.

Shellie said...

What a perfect picture of little Elise....SO cute!

Melissa/McRae said...

Amen to the summer TV thing! That's great about the interviews, I'm sure whatever happens will be great and you guys will love where you are at!

Melissa said...

Hello? Bachelorette?

Catherine Call said...

Congrats on the little beauty!!

I am with you on the TV thing.

I am with you on the fighting thing.

I am with you on EVERYTHING! ;)

Right, Jo?! Right, Jo?!?!?!

Heather said...

i'm with ya on e v e r y single
t h i n g too!!!!!!!!!!!!!
today is my first day of summer & i'm thinkin when does school start.. that is a bad thing. i need to start using your ideas fast!! ;)

Sara said...

Elise is BEAUTIFUL!! I'm so happy for Curt and Anne...and all of you! What a fun addition to your awesome family!
I'm glad Nashville went well. Good luck with the other two. Big decisions you're making!
My cousin Braden (Greg's son) lives in Nashville. They love it there.

Abi said...

I couldn't agree with you more on the summer tv is STUPID!

Lisa, Adam and Macey said...

Oh yay!!!! Tell Curt and Anne congrats for me. She is beautiful!!!