(I kinda don't like being private. Then no one knows when I've updated my blog... I'm rethinking this whole business. There are several new posts below. Be sure to check them out.)
First--- I am a part of Book Club Blog. We take turns choosing a book each month and towards the end of the month, throw out a few questions for discussion. It's really a lot of fun and super low-key. But we need some more people!! The numbers are slimming down. We are an assorted group and many of us have never met. We would LOVE LOVE LOVE to have you join us! Drop us a line if you're interested. http://readingmoms.blogspot.com/
Second--- After a long weekend, Sam's endless amount of energy was starting to grate on my nerves. By Saturday evening, I begged him to please go to our neighbors house and see if Rachel could play. At HER house! So when he got there, Rachel's mom informed him that they (the parent's) were leaving in a few minutes. "Do you have to play over here because your mom is sick or something?" Sam said, "No. She's just sick of me."
Third-- When I was growing up, my mom was often the ward primary president. There were a few times that she ran this program in the primary that encouraged the children to read their scriptures every day. It involved a chart like {this one} specific for the years. I LOVED it as a kid!! It was because of these programs that I had read the Book of Mormon often in my youth. I am so grateful for them.
So I was thinking that I needed to find a similar chart for my children for the upcoming year. And I did!! Thanks to GOOGLE! I thought I'd share it with you all as a motivating way to encourage your children/family/self to read the scriptures every day in 2010. Enjoy! And be sure to let me know if you decide to do it!
10 comments:
I'm here! I'm reading.
Love ya!
HA!!!!! So so funny about Sam. I'm so glad you have that cute Rachel neighbor:)
Oh my gosh, I am laughing so hard right now! I LOVE Sam!!
Thanks for the link, we are going to use the chart in Primary
just started reading with my son. it has beeen such a bond for
us. :)
Chart oriented pre-schoolers even love this, like your little brother did when he was 4-5. He wouldn't go to bed without being read to, even if baby-sitters had to do the reading.
You can always update your FB status when you've updated your blog. But I know what you mean. And I have much less incentive to update the private blog now.
That is hilarious about Sam!!! I miss you guys!! I will try to check your book club blog out more. I am going to see if the chart helps Jake at all with his motivation to read scriptures. He doesn't like to read anything and it blows my mind. I wouldn't see your fb status (or rarely would) and would love to see that you updated when you did, but you gotta do what feels good to you.
Oh my gosh, I love Sam! That is soooo funny! And I'm excited to check out the BOM chart.
I hear you about the "private setting". So many family members invite expires because they don't have a google account. I'm sot so sure about it either. Is it worth it!?! Oh, and feel free to take all the pics you want from my "favorite things" post.
Post a Comment