One day, the inside of my car will get and STAY clean.
And my life will feel so boring.
One day, when I feel sick, I'll be able to stay in bed all day.
And my life will feel so meaningless.
So for now, I'll relax about my dirty car and buck up and deal with the crappy days and enjoy {being needed} and {depended upon}. I'm so grateful for the depth of meaning that my children bring into my life on a daily basis. I'm so grateful for the unconditional love they offer me. I'm so grateful for the joyful moments we enjoy so often.
With all of this, who really cares about the fingerprints on the windows and the crumbs on the carpet?
Not I. Not I.
6 comments:
Too true Jo. Good point! I wish you could rest as much as I'm sure you need and want to but there is nothing like this time with your kids. Great perspective.
Very true. But crumbs on the carpet? No.
I have really gross carpet. That's all.
Amen!
So true Jo! And those quiet moments that I long for now, will be all too many one day.
Thanks for the perspective.
I needed that today.
Post a Comment