What She's Reading... Just finished {Persuasion} by Jane Austen. Oh so good. I'm embarrassed to admit that I've never read any of the Jane Austen books besides Pride and Prejudice. This is a big deal for me considering that I have always LOVED to read. And besides my Sweet Valley High days, I've read a lot of classics. And I've always considered myself a Jane Austen fan. So how have I never read any of her other books?? I don't know, honestly. But I just read Sense and Sensibility and my next one is Mansfield Park. What's your favorite Austen book?
What She's Watching... What am I NOT watching?? This pregnancy has brought with it a total lack of energy. Therefore each night is spent cross-stitching in front of the television. It also happens to be my favorite time of day! LOVE the new sitcom {MODERN FAMILY}. Two thumbs up. Community, Biggest Loser, SYTYCD, Glee, Castle. All excellent.
Where She's Surfing... {Here!} After you read their introduction, click on the blog link and follow along with their daily journey. This precious family just moved into our ward and down the street from us. They came to Rochester because the expert for their rare disease is here at Mayo. Claire (2) is on the waiting list for a liver and kidney transplant here and has been for 17 days. (That's why the daily blog titles are "Day #".)
UPDATE: Just this afternoon they got the LONG-AWAITED call!!! They have a kidney and a liver for Claire!! Tonight is the night. Please pray pray pray that all will go well.
What She's Plugging... {FALL!!} Everyone here in MN tends to lament the coming of Fall because it means that winter is just around the corner. But I'm always the odd one who can't commiserate with the rest of them. I love it!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the exhilarating feeling of the crisp, cool air. The cozy feeling of apple pie baking in the oven. The comforting taste of warm soup and fresh bread for dinner. And I don't even mind winter. At least not until May. Then you'll here me complaining.
What She IS Complaining About... Oh, don't even get me started! Painful varicose veins, for one thing. The fact that I still have morning sickness at 19 weeks, for another thing. My complete and total lack of energy is another frustrating thing. But only because I thought there was supposed to be a merciful burst of energy during the 2nd trimester. I'm still waiting... And I'm constantly stressed about having my house on the market immediately after I have a baby. ...I'll stop there, I promise.
10 comments:
Yes, that last sounds AWFUL to me!
Warm apple pie? Yum.
Wow that last part is A LOT of stress!! If anyone can do it, it is you. I got teary-eyed aobut Claire - Praying hard for her. I'm glad there is lots of TV for you to enjoy! I saw a PBS representation of Mansfield Park and loved it. So did you like Persuasion?
And I LOVE Castle!
Loved your post - and Paul and I LOVE Modern Family : ) HILARIOUS.
It's been way too long - it was good to get an update but I need my next one IN PERSON!!!
Love and miss you tons! SOOOOOO sorry about all the pregnancy misery - you know I understand, even if my problems are different. Hang in there, you're about halfway!
I love fall too but hate winter in MN, especially come February. Way too long.
I'm sorry you aren't having any bursts of energy and still feeling sick. Being pregnant is the pits. I honestly can't stand it. So I feel for you. Did I see on facebook that you are having a girl?
Love the update! I'm actually relieved that in my (over a month) long absence from the blogging world, it seems most of my friends haven't blogged much either :) I guess we are all too busy, tired, or sick. I'm sorry you are still feeling crappy. By the way, my kids think it is hilarious that Sarah sent Aleah Diego pj's in that last shipment. They bring it up almost every other day. They can't figure out why a girl would like a "boy show" even though I've told them over and over that Diego isn't a "boy show" and boys and girls can like all sorts of things.
I love this update. I may steal it myself. Do you mind? And give me the scoop . . . email me . . . what are you having? Where are you moving after you have this baby? And I want to be your neighbor so I may move to where you go!
Wow the story of Claire is increddible. I am always humbled when I read about families who have such hard trials. I want that little girl to get her trransplant so badly!
You bake apple pie? Sign me up. I can't bake.
You know. A really cute friend down the street whose had 5 kids and is on to the grandkids told me even if I feel like I didn't get anything done while I was pregnant, it didn't matter because I was GROWING A BABY. That's hard work. Don't feel guilty about the orneries with the kids. . .it'll pass. Seriously. Your body is up to some serious business. Give yourself some loves. You need it! Pregnancy sucks! It is a good thing babies are so cute.
Hang tuff JoAnna.
Im around if you wanna send your kids over for some R & R. Those long sick days just go on forever sometimes.
Post a Comment