This picture captures how I feel lately due to a few things going on.
One of which I will expand on here...
{Having our house on the market}
I seriously need some sort of anti-anxiety medicine.
We have had some interest. An open house. A few showings. A second look. An offer.
Yes. We got an offer yesterday. But it was.. well, let's just say it was bad. Really bad.
We had two showings yesterday, including a second look and an offer. I felt stress, hope, excitement, disappointment, anger, and discouragement.
Today=nothing. And we probably won't have anything for the rest of the week. Who knows when our next showing will be.
In the meantime, I'll be consumed with: keeping the house spotless; wondering if the right buyer will come along and when; whether or not we can come out of this somewhat unscathed financially; keeping my cell phone in my pocket... And every time it rings, I will anxiously hope that the right buyer is on the other end and this will all be over with.
And then we will begin the next stressful stage--- packing up the house and moving into an apartment for a few months.
And then we will begin the next stressful stage--- having a newborn baby in the household.
Meanwhile, we will begin the next stressful stage--- finding a place to live in Philadelphia.
Then, we will begin the next stressful stage--- packing up and moving to a very new and different city, a new job, making friends, a new school, etc etc etc.
And guess what... in the midst of all of this, there is something we are dealing with that it is even more stressful than anything mentioned above. We are just not quite ready to share.
So that's my life. How's yours?

10 comments:
sounds absolutely stressful. I am right there with ya. Maybe not on the selling of the home crap....but struggling financially due to the freaking recession. I'm heading back to work and leaving my kids.....SUCKS!!!! So...that is my life. One big rollercoaster ride that I can never get off! But we love it right?????????
All I can say is..."I feel your pain"!!!! When you find some medicine that helps make some of it go away please send some my way and my only advice (not that it is helpful)is that it will pass. Awesome that you are showing the place and getting some offers. Our place in PA ended up being rented out due to NO offers and we are awaiting putting it back on the market at the end of winter. How long is his fellowship and what is it in...Sky is wondering? We are in the phase of searching for places to land a job but unfortunately the picking is slim and at this point have only set up 1 interview. good luck with everything, including the pregnancy! Hang in there girl!!!!
oh jo, i totally feel ya. you are amazing.
I think about you ALL THE TIME and wish that I was there to alleviate some of the stress for you. Just know I'm sending positive vibes your way. Love you, Jo!
I love you!
Hang in there Jo.
JO. I've totally been thinking about you and the whole 'house on the market thing'. I'm sure you are SO ready to have it over with. Remember Kristin's analogy to dating... Prince charming will come soon! Hang in there girl : D
♥E
Jo - that is all EXTREMELY overwhelming! You have a right to freak out and be stressed. I wish I was there to at least play with your kids for a while. Love you!!!!
hang in there!!! check out mlis.com. if you really want a little stress reliver they have a vitamin called tranquility. its herbal, it works and you can take it while you are pregnant (although you still might want to check with your dr just in case). i'm not sure if they will send it but if you needed to, you could have someone in utah pick it up for you and send it!!!
i hope you get a chance to "sit back, relax and enjoy the ride" as much as you possibly can!!!
Hang in there. And no way is this Debbie Downer. This is real and you are stressed and have a lot on your plate. I hope the thing you are not ready to share with us is okay. I love you! You are amazing. And I hate when life is sucky like this!
Post a Comment