Gracie Jayne
2) Dave and I enjoyed hanging out together in the labor room, watching "On Demand Movies", waiting for my labor to progress.
3) They had to start me on a low dose of pitocin at about 10am since I wasn't really laboring. It worked. We called in the epidural team shortly thereafter. (Had a little trouble with that. Ah, the pain! Thank heavens for the part that did work!!) She was born after only a few pushes at 1:51pm. (She is lucky enough to share her birthday with her Aunt Tiffany!! What an honor!)
4) She had a little trouble right off the bat and the peds team rushed in to help her. After a few minutes (which were a little terrifying for me to observe), she was fine.
5) As I watched her in the hands of the peds team, anxiously waiting to hold her again, I felt the rush of {heaven} that she brought with her into the world. As I gazed at her body, I felt pure joy and happiness. It was all worth it. Every minute of pregnancy, labor, and delivery. So so worth it.
More to come...
7 comments:
Oh, Jo! She is amazing. Your pics and videos absolutely made my day. As Andrew would say, "Gracie just earned 15,000 cutie points!" :) Love you all.
11 days early! Wonderful. She is beautiful and looks like a Dave and JoAnna baby for sure. Congratulations. I wish you happy, peaceful recovery and many quiet moments with Gracie.
I just love her already. I'm so happy that she is doing well and that you got your reward at the end of a tough pregnancy!
she's darling! congratulations!
I've been so anxious to hear the details - thanks for sharing : ) Love and miss you!
Sam was right-"Mom being pregnant was really worth it."
Congratulations! She is beautiful, and I am so happy that she came early for you. (Love the name too!)
Post a Comment