~SAM~
We went on a trip last week, so Sam missed four days of school.
When he went back, he got a stack of school work to do at home in order to catch up.
He has been in heaven with that school work at home.
He's been working on it morning, noon, and night and loving every minute of it.
Now that he's done, he keeps saying,
"I wish I had homework to do."
Huh?
I mentioned to him that I would try to find an online program for him this summer
so that he would have lots of homework to keep him busy.
I heard him say, under his breath, "Yes!"
(Any ideas?)
~SARAH~
Yesterday was {preschool graduation} for this little princess.
Guess what.
She wanted nothing to do with it.
Nothing.
She insisted that she did not want to go and was very upset that we made her get all dressed up.
She was mortified to hear that both Dave and I were going to be there.
But we dragged her there anyway.
She refused to go into the classroom with the other kids to put on her cap.
She refused to walk up on the stage with them.
Absolutely refused.
She finally compromised by sitting with her teacher on the front row of the audience.
Sans graduation cap.
(This refusal to walk at graduation ceremonies is genetic, it turns out.)
8 comments:
Yes, they are both unique!! And ya gotta love 'em for it. Hilarious. and sounds just like them.
How FUNNY!! That is hilarious! Both stories! It's so funny how two kids in the same family can be so different!
Sarah is heir through her grandpa to a long line of recalcitrants who refuse to participate in pagan rituals extending back to before Stonehenge. Sam on the other hand, with regard to homework, must be a mutant descended from a long line of Ninja Turtles.
love it!
Haha love Dad's comment! Oh wow Jo, I'm not sure you have any idea how good you have it with Sam and homework. Could Jake come live with you for a few months during the school year? I don't know, maybe Sam would rub off on him. Or at least you could feel the beauty even more profoundly. Maybe you should home school him. He could finish college by the time he was 13, and you probably wouldn't have to do a thing.
That Sarah!
There's a solution for both of you! Natalie could get all of Jake's homework for next year and Sam can get it all done this summer!
It's definitely genetic. I not only refused to walk up to get my certificate when I graduated Cosmetology school, I didn't even bother going to my high school graduation. (But that was more because mom and dad didn't want to go:))
Your kids are beautiful. And cool. I know that the Sarah story was probably a bit frustrating for you guys but I kind of think it's funny. I love them.
Post a Comment