Monday, September 27, 2010

A Call for Music!

Help!  I am stuck in a music rut.  I need some new tunes.  What are you listening to these days?

I also really need some good versions of the hymns to play in our home.  Any suggestions?

8 comments:

Haley said...

do you have the Primary Colors cd, it's Primary songs not hymns but my kids love it!!!

Michael Buble, Pink, Idina Menzel, Indigo Girls have some new cd's out.

carlyl said...

Brandon Flowers! Love him ALMOST as much as I love you! The album's names is Flamingo. Miss you!

Sara said...

I keep coming back, to read your comments. I'm in a rut too!!

I've really got nothin for ya. I've been loving Killers and Sara Bareilles, but I know they're nothing new and exciting.

Elise said...

jo. check out the {e}pod on my blog. i always copy my sisters, who teach exercise classes... they always seem up on the tunes : )

Anna said...

You will love this version of hymns. I can't stop listening to it.
http://thelowerlights.bandcamp.com/

Otherwise...
Ray LaMontange
Joshua Radin, So Runs the World Away
The Avett Brothers, I and Love and You
Sia, We Are Born

Abi said...

Jason Walker
Mat Kearny
Relient K
Kelly Clarkson

Natalie said...

Hey Jo - I wondered if you'd like this music from Mindy Gledhill - really pretty: http://nieniedialogues.blogspot.com/2010/10/bluelily-photovideo.html (darling video too.)

I'd love to hear what you find hymn-wise.

Kristi said...

Um...wait so is this just a request for church music? In other music I love the new Sarah Bareillis Album...Kaleidiscope Heart I think. I am also loving the Mamma Mia soundtrack (how lame am I?!). Um. . a couple of the songs on the new Taylor Swift Album (there's one about not growing up, yanks the freakin tears right out of you!)

As for more "pump it up" music...I love the song "Magic" by B.O.B. and Rivers whats his face. And almost anything by Mika.

Hope that helps!