Saturday, September 18, 2010

Just Some Thoughts

Ellen's back!  I have been laughing out loud a lot more this week.  I heart Ellen.

I have been setting aside time to study my scriptures every day.  Since I started doing this, everything else on my "to do" list has begun to fall into place.  I am so grateful for this.

I could not be more grateful that school is back in session.  I have my sanity back.

Sam and Dave went to a Phillies game tonight.  Sarah and I (and Gracie, of course) had a Girls Night In.  We watched the brand new Barbie movie, ate pizza in bed, and painted our toenails, complete with flower decals and all!  Each one of us thoroughly enjoyed the night.

Did you know there is a good Craft Blog that I follow called
{Oops, I Craft My Pants}??
I chuckle EVERY time I see the title.

{Parenthood} is back!  WAHOO!!  I love good tv.

I teach RS tomorrow.  I enjoy teaching.  I hope it goes well.  My biggest fear every time I teach (and speak in church) is that I will stand up there and sound like the "tinkling of brass."  You know what I'm saying?  Just empty, "blah blah blah," meaningless words.  I always pray my guts out that I can teach with the Spirit so that doesn't happen.

I read my friend's post the other day and it hit me like a ton of bricks that it is not normal that my 5 1/2 year old daughter has NEVER slept through the night.  Never ever ever.  I guess I just assumed this was normal.  Hmmm...

Speaking of my daughter, she is enjoying Kindergarten.  Her teacher is a little tough, but Sarah just LOVES socializing and riding the bus so much that she still looks forward to school every day.  Even if she is several inches taller than everyone else.  I swear her legs grow an inch every single night.  She is probably the only kindergartner with a size 1 shoe!!

Sam is adjusting to the new school.  He fits right in with his classmates and seems to have a great teacher.  He just LOVES learning and is always disappointed when he doesn't have homework.  He read well over 100 books this summer, including the first four Harry Potter's.  He is loving scouts and starts cello lessons soon.

Dave has a great schedule this month and I cannot tell you how much I am enjoying it.  I just love feeling like a "real family."  You know what I mean?  The kind that has dinner together or has 'family prayers and scriptures' as a family.  Having him around takes such a load off of me.  I am treasuring every minute of this month.  Things will be back to normal too soon.  Sigh...  But!  He is really enjoying his fellowship training and we're glad to know that he has chosen well.

Gracie is just plain old delicious.  She is scooting around now... just about doing a normal crawl, actually.  We are sleep-training her (which was going well until last night when she cried so long and so loud that we had to go get her.  We have close neighbors and very thin walls.).

Why is budgeting such an incredible nightmare??

5 comments:

Sharon said...

all my closest friends LOVE parenthood... I should give it a try.

I taught today too! were you lesson 18?

Heather said...

~i {heart} Ellen too. i have laughed so hard this week as well. it felt good.
~ditto on the scriptures. thanks for your inspiration & uplifting thoughts.
~ditto, ditto & ditto on school back in session.
~i follow that craft blog too. she is great!!
~i love my husband's schedule too. i heart research block!!! ;)
~ummmmmmmm i suck at budgets!!! let me know when you figure it out!

xoxo.

Lacey said...

NOT NORMAL!!! I just sent you an email about it!

Shellie said...

Did you know we are LOVING the flower decals, all because of YOU! And budgeting? What's that? UGH!

Abi said...

There is something about you that just makes me feel good inside. I heart you and I sure love your thoughts. I love random thoughts!