Step 1: Order some fold-over elastic from ebay.
Step 2: Order this set of adorable flowers from Etsy. (Or any wholesale flowers you may find on Google, Ebay, or Etsy. Just look around a little. I use these ones all the time for Gracie. I prefer 2-inch for newborns.)
Step 3: Pick up a couple of supplies at your local craft store. First, some adhesive velcro strips. Second, some Fabri-Tac Permanent Adhesive. Step 4: Measure out your elastic (newborns are usually about 14 to 16 inches), adding an extra inch for gluing. Cut it to size, overlap the edges, and glue it. (Just a side-note... I highly recommend this Fabri-Tac. I don't think hot glue holds as well as this stuff.)
Step 5: Attach a tab of the velcro to the headband (where you have glued it together to cover the overlap.) You may want to add a dab of glue to it for some extra strength. (Another side-note... I like to apply the rough piece of the velcro to the headband rather than the flower to help prevent snagging.)
Step 6: Apply a tab of the softer velcro to each of the flowers.
VOILA! You have an adorable headband (or two) and a variety of flowers to go with it. Who wouldn't want one of those??
[Total cost? Under $15.]
I have more headband suggestions to come, in case you are interested. Stay tuned...
Post-Script: I am aware that it would be appropriate to have a picture of my own collection of interchangeable headbands here. It would also be nice to have a picture of my baby wearing some of these headbands. Too bad.


3 comments:
Awesome post Jo!! Great tips! How about a post on how you tame the paper piles in the kitchen/home office? You probably don't get them or even think about how you tame them, it just comes naturally, right?
i want more suggestions cause i am totally interested!! love how you are so crafty!!! :) i need to go get me some supplies!!!
Great idea! Maybe if I have another baby girl... For now I'm just thrilled that my next one will not need hair done and bows.
Post a Comment