Dear Diary,
I have a headache that won't quit. I think it is stress. I don't handle stress well. Which is not good because I am a mom and that is stressful. And so is everything else in my life right now. And sometimes I feel completely overwhelmed or tired. Sometimes I even feel a little sorry for myself. And then I think of people who have more kids than me. And then I think of Emma Smith. And then I feel like a humongous wimp. And then my headache starts to pound harder.
Dave gave me a hug yesterday and thanked me for putting up with his schedule. He said, "This is not for wimps." I said, "EXACTLY!!!"
So what do you do when you are a ginormous wimp living a life that is not meant for wimps?
9 comments:
Have a good cry while eating an entire batch of cookie dough or all your kids' Halloween candy (or both). Then you take a deep breath, give yourself a little more credit, and realize how amazing you really are! Wimpy mom my rear end, you are one tough momma! xoxo
You carry on, doing as awesome of a job as you did the day before! (Awesome; not perfect.) And then you blog about it so you don't explode from holding it all in and other Wimpies see THEY'RE not the only Wimpies. And then you go eat an entire batch of Rolo Cookies.
All I have to say is...no WAY are you a wimp!! But it's ok to feel like one sometimes. No matter where you are at, there are always those who have it worse and those who have it better. Doesn't mean what you're doing isn't incredibly challenging and overwhelming. And one thing I know about you...you are good at focusing on the positive and not feeling sorry for yourself. Which definitely means you are NOT a wimp!
Love you : )
i go shopping... it makes me feel a whole lot better!! :) you are not a whimp. this so called fellowship/residency is NOT easy. i feel for you. have a wonderful day while drinking a BIG 32oz of diet coke with ice!!! :)
love ya.
i'm a wimp too. when i think about doing invitro i get really wimpy. let's be wimps together. love you.
You are as far from wimpy as it gets. But like others have said, it's ok to feel that way sometimes. You are doing an awesome job. I will never know how you do what you do. YOU ARE AMAZING!
6 to go.......I'm really close to making a paper chain :)
Jo, I think you stole a page from my diary today. But wait, you wrote this yesterday so I guess you didn't steal it. You get the idea though. And what I do - I eat pretzel m&ms until I'm sick. But then I started Weight Watchers again so I'm really in a bad spot right now.
Wow, JoAnna. Wow. That was awesome.
You are not a wimp. You are a rock star. And I mean that from the deepest bottom of my fully empathetic heart.
Please... let's hang out. I need you.
Post a Comment