Friday, November 19, 2010

A Blog Post? Really?

It's past midnight.  Can this still count for my blog post for Thursday?  Pretty please?

I can't believe I still want to do a blog post.  I spent the day tending to a sick 6 year old, a fussy baby who did not want to be put down, and an 8yo who had a short day of school and spent the afternoon begging to go to the library.  (He only had two books left to read and that is just not enough to get him through the weekend.  Hence, the panic.)  When Dave got home from work at about 6:45pm, Sam and I hopped in the car, leaving the girls at home with dad.  We made a mad dash through the library hunting for new reads for him, which is challenging since the kid devours books like I devour Butterfingers.  (We checked out 17 books for him tonight.  These will get him through about 2 weeks IF he supplements with books from his school library.  I'm not kidding.)  We got back home as fast as we could so I could throw on my only pair of jeans (and some concealer over my zit) and get back in the car to go visiting teaching.  We had a delightful visit that did not end until 10pm (I know.  But I promise it was delightful for everyone!) and I still needed to go to the grocery store!  This was my only chance to go grocery shopping for days since Sarah is sick and not up for errands.  And so I did it.

And now I have several bags of groceries waiting to be put away, a mess in every room in the house (remember how I was holding a baby all day?), our landlord coming to our place first thing in the morning, and about a thousand other things to do.  But I'm going to post on my blog instead.  I've got priorities, people.  They just aren't in order.

4 comments:

[BrookeO] said...

Jo I love this. Oh how I can so relate!! Wish I was on that late night run with you! Remember doing that? Ha!

Sam and his reading? Holy coooooowwwww!

Wish I was there to help in some way! Really I do.!

Heather said...

how i love reading your thoughts!!
i sent ya a little treat on mon. or tues. hopefully you can enjoy it during nap time!!;)

xox.

Shellie said...

I think I can speak for all of us readers and say we are so happy that you blog even though you are exhausted. Oh how I love your thoughts.

I can't believe how much Sam reads! Does he even have time for anything else? YOWZA!

Natalie said...

Sam is a whiz reader. Unbelievable. How fun that you had such a great VT visit. I love your last 2 sentences.