Saturday, November 20, 2010

It's Genetic

Sam could not fall asleep tonight.  It seemed to me like his mind was racing and he just couldn't calm down.  I think he was thinking through our day...  
It was just me and the kids on this boring Saturday.  Sarah was still sick and there was lots of housework to do so we were home-bound.  It really was a boring day, in theory.  But we somehow had a lot of fun with it.  We were all in a good mood and made each other laugh a lot.  I think I made Sam laugh more than I realized...  
As he was struggling to fall asleep, he got out of bed excitedly to come to tell me, "Mom, I thought of something that I inherited from you!  Funniness!"

To Dave:  While I get a kick out of getting the credit for Sam's "funniness," I want you to know that I have no doubt that your "funny gene" is much stronger than mine.

2 comments:

[BrookeO] said...

totally LMAO!!!!!!!!!
I can totally picture Sam doing this.

Natalie said...

OHHH I love that! How totally cute. I love that you had so much fun. Jo - you have the funny + fun gene.