To all my loved ones,
It is with (only a little) remorse that I make the following announcement:
Due to the fact that the upcoming Christmas falls within the year 2010 and my 2010 stress quota has been completely maxed out, I will not be doing Christmas this year.
I appreciate your understanding.
Best wishes and the highest hopes for a less stressful 2011!
JoAnna
Okay, okay... I'm kidding. Sortof.
I'm not kidding about the fact that my stress quota has been maxed. This is very true. It is no good to be to this point before the most stressful time of the year, am I right? I mean, it is a general rule that women reserve a fair amount of their annual stress quota for the last six weeks of the year. Some years, however, this is just not possible. 2010 is one of those years for me. (1995 was also one of those years for me and my family. But we were fortunate enough to be able to run away from it all and take a vacation in Mexico instead, pretending as though Christmas never happened in 1995.)
This year, I really want to take the kids to Disney World instead of the whole present-thing. They don't need a darn thing. They don't play with toys and the library provides them with more books than they could ever read. Disney World would be perfect. Except for one big thing. The Crowds. It sounds like it is a crazy time to be at Disney World. Dave and I don't do crowds. So I guess we don't do Disney World at Christmas.
Any other suggestions? Maybe even some sort of legal drug that would make me super-human?
8 comments:
Who could blame you Jo? It's been one heck of a year for you, that's for sure. I wish I had some great advice for Christmas...I don't. But I love you!
AND congratulations about your mom!! Your family seriously needed some good news and I am so so happy! Your dad is in my prayers.
We went to Hawaii one year for Christmas (pre-kids) and it was AMAZING. Possibly the best Christmas ever.....I'm just sayin'. Give it some thought.
Maybe you're onto something there. Just call it off!
i'm thinkin' hawaii too. i might hop on the bandwagon with ya!
love ya... hope the stress goes away soon. remember the lord knows how much you can handle. you must be a really srong person! {or he thinks you are}
{{hugs}}
We are actually giving Disneyland to our kids for Christmas this year. They also don't need a darn thing. We really want to create memories instead of clutter. As for Disneyland, we HATE crowds,so we plan to go in Feb. It is just NOT worth the trip if it is crowded. For Christmas we are going to wrap gifts that give clues to where we are going and things to do on the drive.(Cringe) We also plan to give spending money. Hopefully they will be as excited as I am. :)
I think Kars' idea is really good. Brandon and I went on a cruise one year for Christmas and the traveling to and from was a tiny bit hectic but it was so, so fun. What are your thoughts about a Disney cruise?
You know I love this .... We are thinking Disney cruise
We should go together-how fun would that be?!?!?
Oh Jo- I was thinking this EXACT same thing yesterday. Everything is just waaaay too much already. WAY too much.
Disneyworld sounds amazing for Christmas. Getting away period does. How about St. George? :)
Post a Comment