Tuesday, November 9, 2010

SAHM

Hello.  My name is JoAnna and I'm a stay-at-home mom.

That is what I do.  That is what I am.

I'm lucky if I fit a shower in my day.  I usually wear sweats.  If I need to look presentable, I throw on my "best" (and only) jeans.  My make-up is mostly rubbed off by dinner.  My glasses are crooked.  And I don't have time to care.

I spend most days going going going and then 4:00pm rolls around and I wonder what the heck I accomplished all day.  And then I keep going going going until about 8 or 9pm when I get to fall into bed with my laptop for some delicious "me-time."  My "me-time" is spent budgeting our money, paying bills, organizing the calendar, planning meals and grocery lists, shopping for the kids clothes/shoes/accessories/outerwear/presents, preparing for Family Home Evening, and/or catching up on email and blog-surfing.  (Yes, my "me-time" mostly has to do with taking care of the family and running the household, but at least I get to do it while I'm laying down watching TV.)  And I always stay up way too late doing all of this.  Which makes getting up 2-3 (sometimes 6-7) times a night with various children particularly painful.

I wake up to a child who needs me bright and early (but not as early as Dave, fortunately) and it all begins again.

I do laundry and dishes constantly.  My to-do list is never-ending.  I spend more energy than I have trying to teach the kids this and that and that and this.  And guess what.

I love it.

There is {nothing else} that I would rather be doing.

So I proudly announce to everyone I meet, "My name is JoAnna and I'm a S-A-H-M."

6 comments:

Shellie said...

My "me-time" is similar only I sneak in Ellen first!! Priorities right?

Anne said...

The best job in the world!

[BrookeO] said...

I love this. It could not be more true, and I love you.
Latley I've been recalling those GNO's we used to have... Miss you!!

Heather said...

atleast you get the make.up on.. i only have time to throw on my sweats. my "me" time sounds way to similar as well. i think you might be a little more diligent though.
loved this......

xoxo

Natali Thompson said...

I hear you! I think there are a lot of us that are in the same boat! :)

Angie said...

Well said! It's so hard sometimes to be in the routine of it all day after day, but then you have to step back and realize you wouldn't want to be doing anything else!