Friday, November 26, 2010

Wonderful Weekend

This lovely Thanksgiving weekend has been filled with loved ones, good food, and, well, whining.

But I guess that's what happens when you have 6 young kids under one roof!!

We have some of our greatest friends in the whole world staying with us right now.  (You should picture little cheer leading people doing cartwheels and hurkeys inserted here. *\0/*)  They drove all the way from Cincinnati to spend their vacation with us and we could not be more thrilled.  Waiting for them to pull up on Wednesday evening was like waiting for Santa to come down the chimney!  And they did not disappoint!  ;)

Thanksgiving dinner was delicious and delightful.  The adults have spent hours and hours talking.  The dads have spent hours and hours watching football.  The moms have spent hours and hours browsing the ads and doing the Christmas shopping.  The kids have spent hours and hours playing, fighting, laughing, and crying.

We are already planning our next vacation together.  The kids will not be invited on that one.  Period.

5 comments:

Kathi said...

I'm glad you've had a great Thanksgiving! Fun to have a favorite family with you.

I'm going to be sad to see nablopomo end.

[BrookeO] said...

Oh I could not be more jealous!!!!!!!!

So totally calling you the first of next week -
Happy Thanksgiving, I'm so thankful for you!

[BrookeO] said...

oh, one more thing...any photos?!!!

Elise said...

Lucky Ducks. Talked to Shel last week. I'm glad you had a fantabulous time! : D

Unknown said...

i am mourning the end of nablopomo. i really enjoyed reading your blog everyday. love you!