I appreciated this post on {Craftaholics Anonymous} about car seat safety. I thought I'd share this reminder in case you have young kids.
My mouth is positively watering over these Peppermint Fudge Cupcakes in a Jar. I cannot wait for you to bring me one of these!!
Now it's your turn! We are staying in PA for Christmas this year and enjoying it as a cozy little family. We haven't done so consistently enough to have developed any hard and fast Christmas traditions. I would love it if you would share with me some of your favorite Christmas Eve traditions.
4 comments:
We are staying home for the holidays as well. i sort.of miss my family in utah right now but, like you said it has been fun enjoying some "cozy" family time. ask me that though in a few days..
this year i am making cookies with the kids in the afternoon for santa that night. then for dinner doing homemade pizza & the kids want me to pull out the chocolate fountain. We always read out of the bible & the kids dress up while we discuss the true meaning of christmas... then they get to open there jammies..... have hot chocolate & off to bed while i wrap presents! :)
Merry Christmas!
We like to make gingerbread cookies during the day and sometimes a gingerbread house :) Lasagna for dinner (I've been trying to think of a scrumptious, easy Christmas dessert for that night.....any ideas??). Read from the bible and then read The Polar Express (a fav of mine) and then we open jammies!
As a kid we always played bingo on Christmas Eve (but we had a much larger group with cousins, etc) and each time you won you got to open a small gift, once all gifts were open we started stealing gifts from each other. It sounds crazy but was a lot of fun!
I'm sure my mom would be happy that you posted the car seat thing :)
Yay that you are ready for Christmas! And that you guys were sick. I hope you are all better now.
And how fun to have your parents in town. I hope your dad was feeling good. I feel so sad that he has that pain to deal with!
Hi Jo! Thanks for posting the car seat info. AAP does recommend keeping babies rear facing until 2 yrs and 30 pounds now. It is 5 times safer on their little necks and spinal cord. And we don't attache anything to the harness or seat that didn't come with it because it hasn't been crashtested with the seat.
Those cupcakes look amazing!
Merry Christmas. I'm so glad you had a great visit with your folks!
Post a Comment