| For 2010: Peace Bank and a Rocket Ship Bank |
...Speaking of my children:
...Sam got glasses!
...Funny Story: The other day, I was in line to check out at the grocery store. The young pregnant girl checking out in front of me had crossed my path several times while I was shopping. She had been shopping with her young son and mother. I noticed as I stepped in line behind her, that she was picking and choosing what she would actually purchase. As she gave a few things back to the cashier saying she wasn't going to get them, something possessed me and I stepped up to say that she should still get them and I would pay for her groceries. I was a little freaked out by myself, wondering where the heck that came from. Of course, she had the typical Philly-attitude and looked at me with her black eyes like I was completely crazy. She didn't say a word. The whole time the cashier was ringing her up, I'm thinking, "What am I doing? Can I afford this?" and convincing myself that it was fine and it would all work out. I was energized by the adrenaline rush and hoping I could make a difference for her. The cashier seemed to be taking forever because of what must've been WIC checks and food stamps. Finally, the grand total... $3.27!
I let her keep the change.
Yeah, I'm awesome.
No wonder she looked at me like I was crazy!
10 comments:
Oh Jo I love it!
And Sam w glasses - too cute!
Love the monkey jams!!
Such handsome glasses on a handsome boy!!
You are so nice!! And you were right, paying for her groceries worked out:)
Oh! That's a good story!
Ca-yute kids!!!
hahaha! That's great. I love how you tell the story and her reaction and everything. Sam's glasses look great, LOVE the kids' pj's, and can't wait to check out that lds radio thing.
Oh wow! What a story. How wonderful of you to do that!! I know you blessed her just by your willingness and show of kindness. (Even if she didn't get it because she wasn't used to that kind of thing and thought you were crazy.) :)
Oh my goodness I am in love with those pj's! Like, in.love.
And Sam is killing me with his grown-up-ness! When did he get so big?
And HILARIOUS grocery story! But seriously, how nice are you to offer! You ARE awesome.
YOU ARE AWESOME... at first i thought it said $327.00. then i looked again. sooo thoughtful of you..
love the p.j's too. i need some for my kiddos.
Love ya!
LOL - dying over that story!!! Seriously laughing so hard :) Love you!
Missing you today JoJo. Remember when I was really sick and you made Dave bring your delicious dinner over to me? That was awesome. Especially the rolls.
It's the thought that counts. Wonderful that you had good, generous thoughts.
Post a Comment