Saturday, February 12, 2011

I'm Alive!

Barely...

Things have slowed down around here.  Which is wonderful because my energy has too.  I think all the stress of the last year has finally caught up with me.  And sucked me dry.

So, I am going to slowly type out this random, fuzzy post while sitting in my bed with my head on my pillow.

RanDoM ThoUGhT #1- I like to read for fun, right?  Well, I recently read The Kitchen House.  I stayed up for two nights reading in to the wee hours of the morning (crying for most of those hours) hoping to get to the place in the story where things turn happy and everyone is redeemed.
When I realized I was nearing the end of the book (it was on my Kindle App so I couldn't really tell how far along I was) and there seemed to be nothing but more misery ahead, I had to stop and Google some spoilers for the story (which I NEVER do).  When I discovered that there was not one single ounce of happiness in the entire story, I was honestly upset.  It was kind of silly how upset I was, really.  It was a fiction book, but it had somehow drawn me in completely and totally, breaking my heart into a million pieces over and over again.  Fun, no?
I had to stop reading the book for several days.  I needed some time to come to terms with things.  I did eventually go back and finish it.  Sure enough, I went through many more Kleenexes as it continued to rip my heart into shreds, but, in the end, I was glad I read it.  It was a powerful and inspired story.

Bottom line- if you like to sob yourself to sleep at night while having your heart broken as you read of tragedy so thick you can't see through it enough to notice the inconsistent writing, have I got the book for you!

RanDoM tHoUGht #2-  This little nugget of joy and happiness is turning ONE tomorrow!

raNdOM tHoUgHt #3- I love Valentine's Day Decorations.  Pinks and reds all over the place.  SO CUTE!  It  makes me sad that Easter's decorating colors are so ugly.  Boo.  But, on the bright side, Easter = Spring!!

3 comments:

[BrookeO] said...

Yayyyyyy for a new post. I have been faithfully checking - I sure miss you, like a whole lot.

Cute little nugget for sure - one already? Are you sure?

We need a catch up sess......love you.

Heather said...

have missed your posts...
everyone needs a good cry! i just don't know if i can handle the headache in the morning taking care of my NOW 4 kiddos!!! ;)

i hear ya on the easter colors. i just love the candy though. i can't wait for the chocolate eggs!
my spring doesn't exsist til
July 4th!!! :)

Elise said...

Couldn't read that book... I cried yesterday over nothing... {PMS}... so I'm sure that book would put me over the edge. BUT, I totally know what you mean about reading things like that. Sometimes it makes us feel human to access our 'saddness' reserves and emotions??? Does that make sense? I guess that's why I watch Gone with the Wind. Every time I watch it, I still hope Rhett won't leaver her in the end...

Yay for birthdays and SpRInG!!!!!!

Love your guts,
E