Saturday, January 21, 2012

Disney World 2012

A glimpse of our trip:






...Gracie really loved the characters and the shows.  Like, really really really loved them.  (Best part of the trip for me was seeing how much she loved them, esp the Beauty and the Beast show.)
...We bought the after 2pm passes every day (Dave had a conference so we could purchase these) and that was PERFECT for us.  Gracie got a nap and we still saw everything we wanted to!
...Sam, Sarah, and Dave did Splash Mountain four times.  Loved it.
...Weather was PERFECT until the last day when it was a bit cold.
...Roller Coasters were Sam and Sarah's favorite part.  Dave's too.
...Sarah used the stroller more than Gracie.  (In her defense, she got sick on the trip.)
...It felt like a near PERFECT trip for all of us.  We're so glad Dave had a conference there so we could go along with him.
(I kept saying to Dave, "This is a perfect trip!" and he would look at me like I was crazy.  His look reminded me that Sarah was sick, Gracie hardly slept at night (and therefore neither did the rest of us), Gracie refused to sit in the stroller so we had to carry all 30 lbs of her wriggly self all over the parks, and so on and so forth.  But, if you were able to look past all of that, it was a PERFECT trip.  ;) )

8 comments:

[BrookeO] said...

Oh I am so happy you guys had such a great time! Kids sure are growing up, miss you!

Natalie said...

I LOVE all these pictures!! That is so darn cute how much Gracie loved all the characters! I am SOOO glad you felt like it was perfect!!

Shellie said...

Things to note: Gracie is still killing me being so big and adorable, Dave is very tall (why does this continue to shock me every time I see a pic of your whole family??), Sarah and Sam are ever-changing and growing up too fast, it's been far to long since I've seen you guys, you look amazing, and last but not least I love the word "wriggly" it is the perfect description for what you mean. Thanks for posting these pictures it made my night!!

Kathi said...

I'm so glad you could look past all that and find all the joy in it. Definitely great memories!
Wriggly is a good word for Gracie, especially if you can picture a lead statue wriggling...on your lap...in an airplane.

Summer said...

totally laughing about your "perfect" vacation : ) We had an amazing time at DW last year too, but it was exhausting at the same time!
And my favorite thing was how much Av loved the Beauty and the Beast show too, I was totally surprised by that. Sounds like our girls would be great buddies :)
So so glad you guys got to do this vacation!
Miss you so much!!

Heather said...

Looks Perfect!!!
love ya! :)

Angie said...

How fun!!! I'm sure you guys needed that vacation. I love that you enjoyed it so much too, which can be hard when it can be so much work. :)

Abi said...

I think family vacations always have things we have to LOOK OVER but I think that your trip sounded perfect!