Saturday, June 9, 2007

Train Ride!

Yesterday we had a fun adventure.
We got take a day-trip that was organized through our Community Ed.
(It was especially fun because the entire Eberhard family came too!
All 7 of them! The Eberhards are our neighbors and very close friends. Sam and Rachel are the best of friends and spend most of their days playing together.)
First we took a bus to a city called Winona, MN.

The Coach Bus Ride to Winona, MN
There we boarded the Amtrak headed to LaCrosse, WI!
It was fun to see what the Amtrak was like and the people who ride it.
(Mostly old folks.)
It was very comfortable and would be a great way to travel!


The Wonderful Eberhards and Sam and Sarah in front of the train!


All Aboard the Amtrak!


We met up with our bus again in LaCrosse where we went to Chuck E. Cheese for lunch and fun!(Yes, the singing band in the birthday section still terrifies children!)




Then the bus brought us back home to Rochester.

What a fun adventure!

5 comments:

Anna said...

You have the cutest kids! I can't believe how much Sam looks like Dave and Sarah looks like you. Your adventure sounds like it was so much fun! I love trains which kind of makes sense since I often find myself enjoying stuff that old folks do.

Raychill said...

Sarah looks so old I can't believe it!

Natalie said...

Could you have gotten CUTER pics of your kids??? Sarah is smiling huge in these! SO cute! It looks like they were having a fun day. What a fun thing that Rachel's fam all went too!

Abi said...

These are wonderful pictures! I love them . . . here is something that is funny . . . I thought Chuck E. Cheese was Chucky Cheese and I thought it was only in Utah! HA HA! You still are teaching me!

Kristi said...

I am so jealous of your fun day trip! We wish we could have been there to go with you. Maybe we will have to hop on an Amtrak and come to Minnesota!