Saturday, September 22, 2007

My heart is full....

My heart is so FULL these days that I've been having a hard time deciding where to begin a blog post. So I've decided that this will be a post of some of the random things that make my heart swell...

Sam and Sarah...
It is a blessed opportunity that I have to watch these two grow up. To watch their minds develop, learn right from wrong, empathy, how to tell a friend that they appreciate them, add detail to a picture they are coloring, use a new word, love, contain their emotions. Oh it is truly a blessing to watch these precious souls "grow up" in mortality.

DaVE-
It is exciting and thrilling to be in this challenging time of life together. I love being on this journey to eternity with him and I'm so grateful for him. It is a deeply comforting thing to know that he loves me.

My Calling- (Ward missionary) It is so inspiring to be able to go into the homes of humble people whose hearts have been touched by the holy spirit. To see how happy they are that they finally feel this peace in their lives. To know Lesli and Brynn, in particular. To see the joy that has come into their lives, to see their courage, their dedication, their faith. To see Brynn and Lee baptized the other night and then watch Brynn jump up and down with joy after she had been dunked. To hear Brynn bear her testimony at her own baptism. What more could a person ask for?! My testimony has been so strengthened and I want to shout with joy that this gospel is so true!

KiNDergArteN-
Sam is in thriving in kindergarten! He loves his teacher and told me that he wishes that we (me and Dave) were as kind as Mrs. Patterson. That makes me smile. I love trusting that he is in the hands of a kind person. He is learning so much and it amazes me what a sponge he is in the school environment.


My Friends- I am truly blessed in this regard. I was thinking that my friends and family are sort of like a brick wall that I stand on that helps me to be closer to heaven. I have a very solid foundation with tremendous family plus friends that I grew up with, went to h.s. and college with and have been through so much with. These friends have carried me at times and give me strength all the time. And it is wonderful to continue to add bricks to this wall. The friends I have made in Rochester make me feel even closer to my Heavenly Father. They help me to know that He loves me.

Time Out For Women

I got to have a time out today. I went up to Minneapolis with a group of women from my ward and enjoyed an entire day of spiritual feasting. I was able to listen to several speakers encourage me in my quest towards eternal life and offer me perspective. It was so uplifting and rejuvenating! (When I told Sam I was going to this, he said, "I wish they had a Time Out For Men. Daddy really needs a rest. ") I was reminded that Heavenly Father knows me and loves me and truly cares about me. That's all I need to know to make it through the days.

6 comments:

Anna said...

Ahhhh...Jo, I just love you! Sam is so funny - I'm glad he's looking out for his dad :)

carlyl said...

Such a cute post Jo, you are such a good example to me. I just love you. You have to cutest kids too.

Kathi said...

Wow, reading that reminded me to be grateful for the numerous things I need to be grateful for!
You for one.

Eric said...

We talked about Sams cute comments during grams birthday dinner tonight.

Abi said...

I loved reading this post. You are so full of love and the spirit it amazes me!

Natalie said...

Beautiful, Jo.