Friday, December 19, 2008

Wish Me Luck

A trip to stay with my parents usually makes for an easy packing job.  They have lots of stuff there for us and if I forget something, we can just go buy it at the store.  Not a big deal.

But packing for this trip has not been so easy for me. 

Snow clothes and Christmas presents are doing me in. 

I’ve stuffed THREE suitcases [completely] full.  I’m praying they don’t weigh more than 50 pounds.  (And that’s not counting the fourth one I left for Dave to fill.)

I’m trying to remember everything I’ve been putting together for Christmas.  It’s times like these where you do the best you can, but you just have to know you are going to forget something.

The big question in my mind is… {what is it going to be??}

I just hope it’s nothing important.

It reminds me of … Last week, I showered at the gym after my workout.  As I was putting my stuff together, I was trying to think of everything, but I knew, from experience, that there would be at least one thing I would forget.

Turns out it was my bra…  Oops. 

I’ll let you know what it is this time.

Here’s where the title of the post comes in  .…  We have to wake the kids at 4:30am tomorrow in order to make our flight.

That’s early.

Really early.

But totally worth it, right?

8 comments:

Natalie said...

I can't wait! I'm glad to know it is not just me that forgets things. I was just thinking today how hard it would be to pack up for Christmas and then I thought about how organized and on top of things you are and knew you'd be fine. :)

Sara K. said...

Have a great Christmas with your family. I need your address. Email me sara dot kilgore at imonmail dot com

Eric said...

It will be once we get there.

Kristi said...

Tis better to wake them up at 430 to fly than to wake them at 430 to start a 24 hour drive (like we did this morning! We're 16 hours in and calling it a night!) that's what I always say!

Also, so far we have realized we forgot Gwen's sunday shoes. So be sure to pack those :)

[BrookeO] said...

SO glad you made it.
Miss you so much already. Just not the same w/o you around.

xo

PS it wasn't the "B.B" was it?

Ashley said...

Seriously 4:30 am, I hope you made it ok! I am excited to see you all.

Eric said...

tell mom not to break her foot before we get there. We'll be there tommorrow morning, tell the kids to get excited to do some sledding.

Kathi said...

It's been so fun!!! Now it's time for Jo to get sick. Why? Always?! Everyone else is sick, but she's the mom and she has to get them on the plane, etc.!
The forgotten item? Their leapsters and they each got new leapster games for Christmas. Luckily, that's something you can make do without. Especially because of Mom's iphone.