… Sam and Sarah are so lucky to have so many great friends to play with. We are lucky to have a million and one kids in and out of our house every week. My kids LOVE it!
… I’m exhausted. I could sleep for three days. I don’t know if it’s hormonal or just my body catching up to me after a very crazy couple of weeks. How does Oprah do it all??
… I’m getting old. I really didn’t know that 32 was old. Turns out, it is. My body aches. I walk like an old lady most of the time. I sneeze and pee comes out. You say “subs” and I think of sandwiches. I look in the mirror and see my face looking it’s age. I like NPR. And my metabolism just ain’t what it used to be. And believe me, it’s never worked great. Pretty soon, I’ll be shopping in the old lady section at Mervyns while wearing Depends.
… I got ANOTHER new calling! I’ll tell you what it is after Sunday. But I’m excited about it.
… Dave and I have narrowed our choices for fellowship programs down to three. U Penn in Philly. Vanderbilt in Nashville. University of Colorado in Denver. We’ll go and interview in a month or so and see what we think. We’ll keep you posted.
… It’s been 20 below this week. Today is 40 and it feels warm. Like summer warm. Nashville is sounding mighty good right about now.
… I’m doing the Biggest Loser with a group of girls around here. We are in week 4. Four more weeks to go. First of all, I’m working hard. I’m trying my gosh-darned best. My greatest weakness in life is self-control! I’ll have an excellent week and then slip up one day and it all goes to pot. But I’m plugging along. I’m not in the lead yet, but I’m still feeling super motivated. I feel like this week things have clicked for me and I’m finally getting things together. I think I can pull in front near the end while everyone else is burning out.
At first, I was determined to win the $320 jackpot. Now I’m just determined to not be humiliated in the end. I’ve got to at least put up a respectable number. It’s rough having everyone know I’m doing this, though. Every day people look me up and down and ask how it’s going. People tell me I’m looking good and I know they are lying through their teeth. I look NO different. Yet. Just you wait. This is not just another one of those times. This time I WILL NOT FAIL!
.. One more thing- Sam’s first grade class is doing a really fun geography project. They have sent their favorite character, Pigeon, around the world. He has visited all seven continents and almost all fifty states. He has visited well over 120 people. Been put in jail twice! Visited the temple in Australia. Met and fell in love with Midge. They even had babies.
And the fun continues. Their goal is to have him visit all fifty states. There are only nine more states for him to get to. Can you help us??
Arkansas, Mississippi, West Virginia,
Maine, Rhode Island, New Jersey,
Delaware, South Carolina and Maryland
Do you know anyone in any of these states? If you can help, we would LOVE it! We are digging deep now. Leave me a comment and I will email you the picture of pigeon. (You just need to snap a pic of him in the state and email it back to us.)
That’s all folks!
13 comments:
Hey I am pretty sure Blaine's uncle lives in Jersey. I'll double check!
Jo, I'm from Jersey and my parents are still there!!! I feel horrible I didn't send one from Hershey. I don't check my hotmail as often as I should and when I discovered it I just assumed the project is over. Would they still want one from where they make the chocolate? 2nd, are we going to see the before and after shots for the biggest loser? :) and of course I have to tell u that you are not OLD!!!!
sorry, one more thing...I'm cheering for philly...we may actually be able to see u guys.
Whew. I needed this update.
I feel like we are miles and miles apart lately.
One thing I would like to say about this post though, is you do look like a million bucks and I totally admire how hard you are working at this. I get it. It inspires me - you inspire me and for that I love you (more than you know)
When can I take the kiddos for a 3 day period? No, seriously....
Erika (formerly Dunn) Sullivan lives in Baltimore: http://camieandmaddie.blogspot.com/
Hey, I can do West Virginia for you, my hubby's brother lives there. I also have a teacher friend from South Carolina, I am sure she can do it as well. Will you email me the pigeon link again.
Wow, great post! You are so funny. I was laughing out loud at the old lady section and depends part. Wow, it's crazy to think you could be packing up and moving to a whole new land...how the time has flown by, and yet, it hasn't. I really hope you guys like Denver! Sorry, don't know anyone in any of those states. Sounds like a fun project though!
What a fun project! You should email Sar. She lives in So. Carolina. And yes, you need to do before and after pics. You are one hot babe and I hope you win the jackpot. Love you!!!
i say pick upenn. that would get you closer to to d.c. which means you might visit which means i might see you some time again during this lifetime.
Yo. Can't wait to hear bout the new calling : ) We drove thorough Nashville on our way down here... LOVED it. I vote there! I know a lot of people who really like V-built too.... Miss ya!
I love this post. You are so awesome.
I hate to break the news to you, but Mervyns went out of business, so you will have to keep shopping at the young and hip fashion stores.
"Pretty soon, I’ll be shopping in the old lady section at Mervyns"
Just borrow clothes from my mom. We can alter them to fit you. (that makes my mom sounds large... let's face it.. either way, that was a lose/lose comment, but I posted it anyway.)
Post a Comment