I'm going to be wearing black for a few days.
My windows will be covered with black as well.
I am in mourning.
I won't be able to talk about it for several weeks...
But just to let you know, my laptop has passed away. It was a tragic accident involving a glass of water and a slippery hand. I knew instantly there was nothing I could do. I did, however, put forth my best efforts. (It was all I could do to refrain from calling 911.) To no avail.
I took it into a computer shop this morning and they officially pronounced it dead.
...And they could not even recover the data...
I can't speak of it anymore.
The pain is too great.
Thank you for your love and support. In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to the JoAnna Laptop Fund at Wells Fargo Bank.
18 comments:
Oh Jo! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO that is horrible! I am so sorry. I join with you in mourning such a devastating loss.
Oh Jo. I ache for your loss. You will receive my contribution to your fund tomorrow.
I'll plan on holding a memorial service for your dear, dear laptop! I'm so sorry for your loss!
Although I never met your laptop, I know what a good friend he was to you. You are in my thoughts and prayers as you go through this tough time. Thank goodness we have the gospel!
Oh NO!!!!!
"Thank goodness we have the gospel" ha ha! that's hilarious.
All joking aside....That is absolutely devastating! I am so sorry Jo.
i feel your pain, it sucks. but i promise you will feel happiness again :)
I'm so sorry! I'm totally picturing it happening in slow motion and I just set up a beverage-free zone around my laptop.
i loooove your humor.... seriously though i'm sooooo sorry. if i didn't have to pay back a lot of student loan debt i so would contribute!!!!!! maybe i will just send ya the flowers though.. will that help????? :) so sorry. that truly sucks.
I feel your pain! My laptop passed away last March. The motherboard fried all on it's own. I am wondering if that is a premonition?
I am wondering how life can go on....
Jo, seriously, I am SO SAD for you!!!!! I freaking HATE electronics. I would give you all the money I have for your fund, but that would amount to about a quarter million of med school debt. Sorry, love.
And ps--
Despite the serious subject matter, this post was HILLARIOUS!
Oh man, you had me worried there for a minute. Oh wait, that IS really sad!! What a total bummer!
It's okay, with the death of a PC comes the life of a Mac...
..and when that comes, you'll realize that you only thought you loved your old laptop.
I promise you'll be okay. The chinese use the same word for Crisis as Opportunity.
I believe, the opportunity side of it is, "Hello, I am a mac."
O.K.--that STINKS!!
You make everything so funny! I love it. Were you able to find some pictures from your parents computer?
My heart goes out to you at this sad time. I hope you may find some peace knowing that your laptop is with many others that have died. I will be thinking of you!
I am really SO sorry-that sucks big time! But you really did just make me laugh! You are so funny-
I know just a morsel of your pain. My iphone crashed with my pictures and all kinds of precious data. I slapped the boy at the Genius Bar at the Apple store when he told me it was gone for good. I know I'm a little late, but I will put a black armband on for you ;) (you know, like NBA players do)
Post a Comment