Sunday, November 1, 2009

Eleven Thoughts for the Eleventh Month

1) We are putting our house on the market this week!!

2) My baby is starting to move a ton. It's kinda fun. I'm so excited for her to join our family. I know all the stomach acid and rib pain and lack of sleep is totally worth it.
And I totally look pregnant now! People are starting to move on from the "is she or isn't she" phase to the "yup, definitely!" phase. And, for now, her name is Juniper Breeze. (Which is actually starting to grow on me... ;))

3) A few great lines from the week:
"We locked our baby in the car and people are judging us!!!!!"

"I'm not used to being the butt of a joke. I'm used to being the face of the joke."

And how about when Jimmy Kimmell took out the Panda on Ellen??

4) I cannot tell you how glad I am to have this last week over with. It was [stressful] and I have the cold sores to prove it!

5) I have to sleep sitting up on the couch these days to try to keep my stomach acid at bay. I don't really mind it, though, because at least I get a baby in the end.

6) Dave had yesterday off. Except he went in at 6am and didn't get home until 11am. Go figure.

7) I'll admit, I was mad. (Disappointed, really.) It's the moments when I'm exhausted, stressed, and totally counting on him that his job gets to me. The rest of the time, I can handle it.

8) Is it bad that his reason was that a patient was having a stroke right before his eyes and I didn't care?
9) I'm grateful for Tylenol, Tums, Zofran, cars, Dave's job (ironically enough), mail, GOOGLE, hot cocoa, and the Fall. (Seriously, though- how great is GOOGLE???)

10) Sarah turns five this week!!! FIVE!?!?! What the... She is getting her fingernails and toenails done at a local kids salon with her BFF in the morning and her preschool class is going on a fieldtrip that afternoon. I get to chaperone them. She wants a flower birthday cake and she is getting lots of presents from her grandparents and aunts and uncles. It should be a great day!

11) Don't forget that tomorrow is the beginning of the online auction for Claire and Benson Skinner. Spread the word!! Look for the gift wrapping package, Family Fun Night basket, and the itunes gift cards that a group of us put together for the auction. They are AWESOME and you definitely want to bid on them! (If you haven't checked their blog lately, you should go read the past few days!!)

8 comments:

Heather said...

hang in there chickee... you seriously can put a smile on my face though cause i can relate to you tooooooooo well!!!! maybe not on the pregnant part but, i still can remember even after 2 years! ;)
does it count though that i listen to my husband talk about all the pregnant patients everyday!!!!;)
xoxo.

p.s. i wanted to scream too last night while he was on call & didn't get home til 6am & got called in at 10pm the night before & i have sick kiddos that i swear have the swine flu!!!
i will stop talking now! :)

Unknown said...

totally with you on google, i'm obsessed with it. love you!

Sara said...

Treavor will not stop saying "I'm not used to being the butt of a joke, I'm used to being the face of the joke" It cracked us up too.

So as a Dr.s wife, you are in a tricky situation aren't you? Wishing he was home with you, but knowing that he's out saving lives...that probably wouldn't stop me from wishing my husband was home.

Shellie said...

Totally went over those lines with Dave the other night.....we were cracking up! Modern Family was SO funny last week! And S told H today that she's having a flower birthday PARTY.....UUUMMM! Glad to have gotten that cleared up with your cake comment....now I can re-set H straight (no party YAY!)

Angie Birkeland said...

1st...skip the tums and go for the big guns. Pepcid. It's a wonder drug. acid free ALL DAY!

2nd...go and look at McRaes blog post and look and me and you. Were we gangsters? Why those pants?????? lol

Natalie said...

What a fun birthday for Sarah! I want to see the flower cake.

Little Junie is starting to move? And you look pregnant?? I want to see you!

I checked out the auctions. I was scrolling down looking for the link and there it was right in front of my face in that little widget.

I just spammed you with a link - if you love google - you have to use swagbucks!

Pamela said...

Hey I hope the auction goes so well. I am hoping to win an item I bid on. I have been spreading the word like crazy, basically begging people to put it on their blog. So far I have had great success. I even have two friends who put up items for auction. I know it is crazy because I have not even met the family, but I read about them everyday on their blog, and I want them to have the transplant so badly!

emily said...

oh you and your juniper breeze. whenever i catch even the smallest hint of it i have flashbacks to may 2000 on nimitz. good times.