Thursday, February 11, 2010

I Heart Scrubbing Bubbles

I've finally got my house-cleaning down to just the way I like it.  (I've had LOTS and LOTS of practice lately.)  Here are some of the necessities that actually make it fun for me!

{Scrubbing Bubbles} are a MUST!  They get that sticky hairspray right off my bathroom counters in a jiff!  (PLUS!  Did you know that all you have to do to get all that dust off of your fake your plants is spray some of this all over it and voila!  Seriously.  Just spray and walk away!)






{Swiffer Cloths}  These babies are great for getting all the hair off the bathroom floors.  Plus, the kids think they are fun to use.



{Swiffer Mop}  I've decided it is worth every penny to replace the pads and cleaning spray so often.  It is just so easy and so convenient and does the job.



{Soft Scrub with Bleach}  I never quite knew how to clean my tubs.  (Still not sure about the shower.)  Now, I just squirt this on, spread it around with a sponge, fill the tub with hot water and let it sit.  The longer I let it sit, the better.  Works for me!

What works for you??  Please share!

10 comments:

Kristi said...

Excellent post! I remember moving out of our first apartment and scrubbing and scrubbing and scrubbing the tub with no results and then Blaine's mom came, sprayed something on it and let it sit for a while and then came back and wiped it right off. It was then that I learned the power of letting things sit : ). Best tool there is, so I am going to try your tub method!


I just choose to not clean!

When is that baby coming Jo!

Staci said...

Shower Power is the BEST for getting hard water junk right off with very little effort! I use it on all of my bathroom and kitchen fixtures to make them sparkling clean. And I just spray them on my shower walls, let it sit a few minutes, then wipe down and rinse. It can be a little tough to find but I love it!

Heather said...

i {heart} all of them & use all of them too! scrubbing bubbles & soft scrub are a must!
good minds think alike!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, cleaning for me was a sign that I was going to go into labor within a day or two. That nesting instinct I guess. We are keeping you all in our prayers. I hope the baby does come while your parents are there so they can see her. That would be perfect. We are excited to see you all soon.

Marilyn said...

Oops sorry, I didnt' mean to post as anonymous.

Karin Brooks said...

I use the magic eraser to get the grime off our tubs. Works wonders.

Haley said...

mr. clean magic eraser is my favorite. clorox cleaning wipes for the toilets and sometimes even the bathroom floors.

there's a scrubbin bubbles thing that I use for the bath tub that i love but i can't think of the name. it's the only thing i have found that actually really cleans it good!!

Sharon said...

It sounds a lot like your nesting!! Yippee!!! Your sweet baby must be coming very soon!

Angie said...

AWESOME advice! I'm totally going to try the scrubbing bubbles on my fake plants. I HATE having to clean each individual leaf. And what I use to clean showers is the Mr. Clean Magic Erasers for bathroom. I think they are actually kitchen/bathroom ones. They remove soap scum and stuff really well!

Angie said...

Oh, see? I just read all the other comments. Looks like the magic eraser has several votes! :)