I seriously have nothing to blog about lately.
My mind feels like a big blob with no thoughts other than,
"clean this, run here, make that, cook this, need that,
wash here, so tired, must sleep."
That's it. Really.
But I'm going to try to pull out a few thoughts for ya from this blob o' mine.
---Tonight, Sam asked me why I don't read.
This cut me to my very core. (Slight exaggeration.) What?! My son doesn't know I {love} to read?!?! This is tragic.
True, I have not read much at all since Gracie was born... unless Facebook and blogs count. I have tried a few times, but I am just too tired to stay awake for anything. But this is shameful and I cannot let my son think I do not love to read. So I have to get back on the wagon. I need some delicious suggestions. Good fiction that makes you feel good...
---Sam and Sarah get to have string lessons as part of their school curriculum. Sam is learning the violin and Sarah is learning the cello. It is very cool. It makes me happy that they have this opportunity.
---Last night, Sarah came in my bed in the middle of the night. Fortunately, I was awake when she came in because that meant that I got to hear her singing "Bow Chicka Bow-wow. Bow Chicka Bow-wow" as she was climbing into bed.
---We are loving our "Homework Stations." They have been an essential part of our house since school started. (They are right in our kitchen/dining area.)
12 comments:
Have you read The Kitchen House? Not necessarily a feel good book but it is really good.
I totally know what you mean with the, run here do this make that, kinda thing. It is crazy!! How do people have more than three kids?? I swear I have 11.
Also, so jealous of the homework stations, I wish we had the space for something like that for Noah. I think it's awesome, good for you.
AND I also think it's so awesome your kids are doing violin and cello!! I am so not musically talented but I did take violin lessons for a little bit when I was young and I love the strings. Seriously so cool.
Hmmmm, this is a long comment. I should probably just call you. I keep thinking about it. Maybe if we could stop, running here making that cleaning this...
Love you!
Funny you mention the too tired to read.....I have been halfway through a book for a month now and every time I attempt to finish it I fall asleep....EVERY time! It's so frustrating
"Bow chicka bow-wow" in the middle of the
night=TOTALLY HILARIOUS! Oh "dumbus".
I MISS YOU!
Oh, I miss you and your kiddos!
Oh my gosh that is hilarious about Sarah!! Love it! I never told you how impressed I was with your homework stations - awesomeness.
Homework stations? Genius!
Just finished Sarah's Key and really like it.
i feel just the way you do... it has been a rough couple of weeks. sometimes i think my head is going to explode!!!
love the work station. i wish i had the room too. can you make room for 2 more kiddos!?!!?? :)
have a fantastic weekend!
xoxo.
Look at their cute little stations! Even I would like to do homework at a nice little desk like that.
So funny about Sarah singing in the middle of the night. Fun kids you have!
um hello! When do I get to see you??? I just got back to Jersey last week having been gone ALL summer in NC. Would love to have you guys over if we can coordinate with the guys crazy schedules. If not, then we can hook up for sure with the kids. Yay, a friend. Serious, email me your phone number at sarahblamires@gmail.com.
can't wait to chat.
LOVE the homework stations! I'm totally serious...when I move I need you to come get me all organized! You are so totally good at it!
Those are darling workstations! I might have to set something like that up for homeschool next year! :) You are such a good mommie!
Post a Comment